Jumping In!

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

ranger3737
Ranger

Jumping In!

Post by ranger3737 »

Just entering the fray.

I came in when there were only two battalions. Went through 2/75 RIP (the hardest thing I ever did). Way harder than Ranger school. (Anyone else remember it that way?) Went to 1st squad third Platoon A Co.. Back when it was jungles, 550 cord for boot laces, jump wings on the PC, and an A7A strap for a belt. You would never believe how many people left when we went regimental and they were frustrated over the uniform changes. I remember when the 3rd Rookie Bn. was formed. There was nothing better looking than starch and shines in Jungles. South Ranier sucked :twisted: and Pt. Salines was called Abrahms West. It was a wonderful time to be a ranger. I was never with a tighter group of men. Eight of us just met for a mini reunion in East Wareham Mass.. It is amazing how we still keep in touch after 20 years.

I was married the entire time in Batt. and since. My wife was the ultimate Ranger Wife. She'd have to be as I started out as a PV1 and she put up with all the crap I had to go through and still stuck it out. I wanted to stay in and she wanted to get out. So we compromised I ETS'd and she went back to school with me. We are now both school teachers. I teach high school and she teaches 3rd grade.

I stayed in the Oregon Army National Guard (I know, I know) but I still needed to be a soldier of some sort. I currently am the 1SG of B Co. 2/162 INF. I believe it is the best infantry National Guard Company in the nation. We are 6 for 8 in sending and graduating Rangers. Which is unheard of in the Guard. I have two young Hooahs down in NGB pre-ranger at this moment and I know they will come back with the tab.

I expect to make CSM sometime late this summer or early fall.

I would love to hear from anyone from the old days or anyone that just cares to drop a line. I like everything I have seen of this site.

RLTW,

Brunk W. Conley
3rd Plt. A Co. 2/75 82-85 Class 12-83
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Ranger3737-

Welcome to the Board! Looks like we missed each other by about 3 years. I was also in 3rd Plt., A Co., 2/75. I got to wear the old 107 'Jungles' the last year we wore them in the Regt....and I couldn't agree more....the starched 107's with the black beret (earned one) was a sharp looking uniform.

Looks like we have another thing in common (aside from being old...ha). I am also in the teaching profession now, working mainly with Behavior Problem kids.

Again, welcome to the Board. Let me know if I may be of service to you.

RLTW
EarthPig
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Master J

Post by Master J »

welcome aboard
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome aboard Ranger Conley.

Return to “Introduction Archive”