I hope this is the right Section for this.

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Minime724
Embryo

I hope this is the right Section for this.

Post by Minime724 »

Good Evening Rangers/Soldiers/others,

My name is Sean . I am 23 years old. I did my basic training in Ft. Benning with A-co 1-50 back in July to december of 2007. I got injured during FTX and unfortunately caught a medical discharge. I am currently in the process of getting back in. I am looking at accomplishing my goal of one day becoming a ranger and hopefully ultimately a green beret. At the moment i have been on a strict workout plan that his been going on for about 2 months now and going strong. I am originally from Glendale, Arizona. I have just recently moved to Huntsville, Alabama in hopes of acclimating myself to the humidity and other weather conditions i will be facing when i go back to Benning. I stumbled on this site by accident while searching for some info on becoming a 68w in the rangers. I am highly motivated and ready to go. I have been lurking on this forum for about a month now and i love the professionalism and the dedication of its members to upholding the army values. I look forward to talking and hopefully contributing to this forum if i can. I am mainly hear to learn and absorb all the knowledge i can. My main weakpoint that i have noticed is my running. I know i need to work on that drastically to accomplish my dreams. Well i guess thats it for now. I'll post more topics if and when i have more questions if the search function fails me.

Hooah!
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: I hope this is the right Section for this.

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome, it's good you kept your goal in your sights all this time. There's a lot of running advice in the PT forum but bottom line is that you have to get out and suck up the running.

I don't know if you would be considered 'prior service'. Since you didn't complete OSUT & get awarded an MOS, I would think not, as that is the budget-driver that makes re-entry so difficult for prior service recruits. Others will know better. Don't be afraid to ask your recruiter to show you in print anything that he tells you. You know the drill, good luck.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Minime724
Embryo

Post by Minime724 »

Yeah ive been told a couple different things over the years with different recruiters. My old recruiter who did my paperwork the first time told me i shouldnt be considered prior service so well see. my dd214 says "Honorable" which is whats confusing me. Ill post more info when i get it. Thanks for the welcome. I constantly dream about donning that tan beret and wearing the scroll. Life dream right there. Thanks for the welcome Ranger Ingraham. RLTW
HakweeRgr
Ranger

Post by HakweeRgr »

Welcome to the site, and good luck with all of your future endeavors.
B Co., 3/75th, '91-'96 "THE" Token
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 93

Mentor to dbh (1/75), FreshMeat(1/75),Mata Leao(2/75)
Zach2011(1/75), Runna22(2/75), Papa84(3/75)
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Minime724 wrote: ive been told a couple different things over the years with different recruiters.
Be advised also that the regs are a moving target. Two different recruiters can tell you two different things on two different days and each be telling the truth. It can change quickly, when you get a chance, take it. Meanwhile be prepared. Train as if you're leaving Friday.

There's a thread around here, I can't remember the individual's name right now, but he's like yourself, an "early out" who also wanted back in. Anyway, he's been persevering for something like two-three years and I think just went in via the Guard (?). His struggle with both army and navy bureacracy is something to behold. He had rule changes block him literally by a day.
If anyone knows whreof I speak, please post the link or something. FOG 'CRS' Syndrome.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Minime724 wrote:Yeah ive been told a couple different things over the years with different recruiters. My old recruiter who did my paperwork the first time told me i shouldnt be considered prior service so well see. my dd214 says "Honorable" which is whats confusing me. Ill post more info when i get it. Thanks for the welcome. I constantly dream about donning that tan beret and wearing the scroll. Life dream right there. Thanks for the welcome Ranger Ingraham. RLTW
"Yeah"...is an inappropriate response on this board until you pay your dues.

Read the SOP and Introduction PM you received before you post again.

RLTW!
Minime724
Embryo

Post by Minime724 »

Ranger Ingraham and other rangers:

If you could find that information for me that would be greatly appreciated. I tried messing around in the civillian world for awhile now and no matter what job I have had i was not happy and my thoughts kept focusing back on the times when I was in and how much fun and interesting things I did and accomplished as a person. I also dont think I will be happy unless I finish what i started. Again thanks again for the info Ranger Ingraham.
Minime724
Embryo

Post by Minime724 »

Ranger Nomad,

I appologize for the slip up on the "yeah" post. That was the civillian part of me showing. I read the ROE PM thoroughly. Slip of the tounge. I appologize, it will not happen again.
Minime724
Embryo

Post by Minime724 »

Ranger Ingraham and Rangers who may be looking the forums for the thread:

I have found the thread in question after a 30 second browse through the "Recruitment Process" sub-forum. Thank you for the push in the right direction

Return to “Introduction Archive”