Advice about OSUT

Basic & AIT
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Post by Narrow Gauge RR »

Thank you for the advice....hope you get all healed up and kick ass in RIP.
Sorry to hear about you fiancee, that sucks. A friend of mine who was with NATO in Kosovo's fiancee left him while he was deployed there....with all the other shit he had to deal with..such as being shot at....he also had to deal with his future wife hanging out in the bars back home and banging anything that'd buy her a shot :evil:
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

What's a fart? A turd honking for right of way.
Phulano
Tadpole

Post by Phulano »

Devilrat,

Not all women are like that. Just so ya know.

Me & mine are breaking up. It was either break up or get married.

Anyway.. I just sent my "Sorry, but i'll see you in 5 years" flowers. Not easy to do, but easier than staying with her but never seing her.

Its the price of what we chose to do.

Thanks for the info. Hope to see you around.

Aaron
Montgomery Burns
Embryo

Post by Montgomery Burns »

my girl keeps telling me that she promises that she wont cheat on me while I am gone and that she will wait for me, blah blah blah. I just told her that I am not stupid and will believe it when I see it. I think I am falling for this girl so I will wait till after all of my training and like to see if she is still there. I may just ask her to marry me. Maybe. :roll:
Burns: Never forget Homer. There's no muscle stronger than the human heart.

Homer: What about the weiner? A guy on TV lifted a can of paint with his!
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

slap yourself.

don't marry any of these teenage fuck queens you dumbasses call girlfriends before going into the Army.

when you are home on leave, fuck them and enjoy yourself. then leave their dumb asses and their whining back home when you go back to your units.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Montgomery Burns
Embryo

Post by Montgomery Burns »

:oops: <---slapped face
Burns: Never forget Homer. There's no muscle stronger than the human heart.

Homer: What about the weiner? A guy on TV lifted a can of paint with his!
TRLewis

Post by TRLewis »

hit_it wrote:slap yourself.

don't marry any of these teenage fuck queens you dumbasses call girlfriends before going into the Army.

when you are home on leave, fuck them and enjoy yourself. then leave their dumb asses and their whining back home when you go back to your units.
Best advice I have ever heard SFC hit_it. I've seen it, said it wouldn't happen to me, it did. Won't ever do it again. A good woman will wait, a buddy of mine who got out of the Corps 9 months ago just got married. His girlfriend was with him for fours of deployments, going to the field, and whatever else he did without her.
BeerForMe

Re: Advice about OSUT

Post by BeerForMe »

devilrat35 wrote:Well since I'm home on convalescent leave I figured I would share a few tips for those of you waiting to ship out.

2) Roadmarch as much as you can beforehand. Not to prepare for OSUT but for RIP. Our rucks in OSUT? Weigh about 15-20 pounds. They set you up for failure if you have a RIP contract, the rucks weigh nothing and the pace is 17-18 minute miles. Roadmarching in basic will do almost nothing to prepare you for RIP.

3) While you're in reception you can eat anything you want, so it's up to you whether you want to eat 92758275 cakes/desserts while you're there and get fat and out of shape or if you want to watch what you eat and stay lean.

4) If you get an "easy" company like I did as far as smokings go, do extra PT during the night, otherwise you're just screwing yourself if you have a RIP contract.

That's about all I can think of, but the main one is the roadmarching, I had to get that out there because the rucks in OSUT honestly don't weigh a god damn thing, figured I'd warn you guys so you know to ruck a lot beforehand.

I have to agree
Stay away from the Fatty cakes..they are evil...lol
Do all the pt you can in your free time
And the ruck marching..do all you can before you go in. Not all companies are like his though. We rucked roughly 65 pound rucks everywhere we went,and we did a pace of about 3-4 miles an hour (roughly 15 mins a mile..give or take a lil) depending which ds was leading the roadmarch.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Even if you do have a loyal girlfriend/ fiancee/ wife, it's difficult! My wife wrote a letter every single day that I was in OSUT and RIP (she was actually in Benning during Jump School, so she didn't have to write then). She was loyal, 110% and then some.

However, after singing all those cadences about 'Jody,' I got somewhat brainwashed (briefly) and figured she was probably out running around. I also decided (briefly) that since I was going to be a trained killler, I didn't even need a woman.

I wrote her a letter one evening that basically told her exactly that. The letter even had a skull and crossed bones drawn on it. She still has that letter somehwere!

Needless to say, it broke her heart, which in turn made me feel like a complete idiot. We've been together for 20 years now. She's supported me in everything I've ever done.

My point is, there is a certain degree of 'brainwashing', for lack of a better word, that takes place. It may not be intentional, on the part of the Drill Sgts, but it does occur. So, even if your girl is totally committed to you, it takes focus on both ends to make it last through the times that you are away. On your part, that focus needs to be kept in check, so as not to over-ride your focus on the mission.

BTW, Devilrat, how are the injuries healing?

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
keithlester
Embryo

Post by keithlester »

DO NOT, I repeat, DO FUCKING NOT get mixed up with some skank and start talking about getting hitched until you get E-7, at least. Do not fall in love with joe-town strippers, baracks groupies, or any of the lowlife females that so heavily populate army base towns. Do not marry your first piece of ass in Korea or Panama. I've seen it too many fucking times. Youre only 18-19 years old for one thing, which means that you are ate the fuck up to start with. You're also away from home for the first time, and you've probably never even seen a pussy, much less had one. Get laid all you want (that's a lawful order), but do not fall in love with anything that comes within 20 miles of an army base. You'll thank me later.
11B1P
3/47 Inf. (199th Bde), Ft Lewis '90-93
1/509 PIR (JRTC), Ft Polk '93-94
1/116 Inf. (29th ID, Light)
Airborne School @ B co. 1/507, 1990
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

EarthPig wrote:I also decided (briefly) that since I was going to be a trained killler, I didn't even need a woman.

I wrote her a letter one evening that basically told her exactly that. The letter even had a skull and crossed bones drawn on it. She still has that letter somehwere!
EP - Did you want a copy of that letter? :wink:

Return to “About OSUT”