Introduction - Graham

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

WannaBe619
Embryo

Introduction - Graham

Post by WannaBe619 »

Hello Rangers,
I sincerely apologize for not making a proper introduction right off. You are true men among men and deserve more appreciation than can be expressed in words so I am sorry for breaking one of the rules. All I can say is it I will NOT happen again.

Anyway, if you Rangers will graciously allow me to be a member of this forum, here is my introduction.

My name is Graham; I am 22 years old and come from a family with a tradition of military service. Therefore, I have always seen good soldiers and true warriors as heroes and role models. It was through this admiration and my prayers to God to use me in his plan that I decided early in life that I wanted to be an American war fighter to best of my ability to defend the weak, the innocent, and the helpless from those who would cause them harm.

Initially in childhood and through my teens, I wanted to follow in my father's footsteps and become a Green Beret. In preparation of realizing this dream I sought to model the strengths of elite warriors in my daily life, physically and morally. As imperfect and as human as I am I have had a "bump in the road" once or twice but I still have not lost sight of my ultimate goal.

As time went on through my late teens I found the Green Beret mission unfitting for my particular ambitions and personality so I made becoming an Airborne Ranger my new goal. To this day my determination to become an American war fighter to the best of my ability remains unwavering. I want to serve with the Rangers because I want to be apart of a brotherhood of men who embody what it means to be a true warrior and believe in the pursuit of truth, honor, and loyalty.

For the past 6 years I've been exercising intensively to prepare myself for becoming an Army Ranger. In my off time I study for the ASVAB.
My most recent self administered PT test results are as follows:
Pushups: 90
Situps: 130
Chinups: 20
5 mile: 38:15

Thank you very much, Rangers, for your time and patience with me and my introduction.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Graham

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thanks for your interest in Army Rangers. Have you begun discussions with a recruiter? And are your really sure about that 130 sit-ups in two minutes? Is your form perfect? Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
WannaBe619
Embryo

Post by WannaBe619 »

Thanks for the reply Ranger Bill.
Just now after reading your reply I discovered I wasn’t doing at least "military style" sit ups with my hands clasped together behind my head. I was resting my arms crossed over my chest. So, yes my form was incorrect. I will post a new PT result using proper form before midnight of Sunday the 14th. Thank you for helping bring that to my attention Sir.

And yes sir, I have begun discussions with a recruiter. I haven’t had much luck though. He keeps saying my class B misdemeanor theft charge makes it impossible for me to get a secret security clearance.
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for your desire to serve.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Your push up form was incorrect also. Twenty pull ups also challenges credibility.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

WannaBe619 wrote: He keeps saying my class B misdemeanor theft charge makes it impossible for me to get a secret security clearance.

Welcome. No secret clearance=No Ranger Regiment.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
WannaBe619
Embryo

Post by WannaBe619 »

Ranger al_2nsWolfhounds: Thank You sir for allowing me the privilege of talking with you Rangers.

Ranger Kilted Heathen: Yes sir, I will research proper form and readminister my self test with results posted here no later than midnight tomorrow.

Ranger snafu: Yes sir, I am aware the no secret clearance equals no Ranger Regiment. I'm just not convinced by my recruiters' mere words alone that it's impossible.
WannaBe619
Embryo

Post by WannaBe619 »

Rangers- Here are the results of my newly self administered PT test.
2min Pushups= 92
2min Situps= 85
Chinups= 20 (to failure)
5mile run= 39:46

On the push ups I checked my form and I believe I'm do them correctly. I have my back and legs straight and I come down until my elbows make a 90 degree angle and then come up to where my elbow almost lock.

On the situps I corrected my form with my hands clasped together behind my head and coming up until the base of my neck passed the base of my spine and coming down until my back rested on the ground.

Chinups, pretty self explanatory... I pull up while hanging from an "I" beam under my carport outside until my chin passes the edge I'm grasping. I did one set.

Return to “Introduction Archive”