a far cry from the old days

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

a far cry from the old days

Post by Steadfast »

I just bought 2 new camo pouncho's @ $46.95 apiece & a pouncho blanket for $30 at my local Army PX. Damn broke my pocket book. That shit sure is expensive now!
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: a far cry from the old days

Post by Earthpig »

Steadfast wrote:I just bought 2 new camo pouncho's @ $46.95 apiece & a pouncho blanket for $30 at my local Army PX. Damn broke my pocket book. That shit sure is expensive now!
Just wait til you buy some face cammo.....you won't be needing to coat your face with bug juice anymore so that rock-hard stick can leave paint on your skin. Now they have these little Martha Stewart make-up kits, complete with mirror! :shock: But hey, it sure goes on easier.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

LOL, they're selling camo kits with mirror now, is there a powder pad that comes with it too? unfuckinbelievable
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

EarthPig wrote:
Steadfast wrote:I just bought 2 new camo pouncho's @ $46.95 apiece & a pouncho blanket for $30 at my local Army PX. Damn broke my pocket book. That shit sure is expensive now!
Just wait til you buy some face cammo.....you won't be needing to coat your face with bug juice anymore so that rock-hard stick can leave paint on your skin. Now they have these little Martha Stewart make-up kits, complete with mirror! :shock: But hey, it sure goes on easier.
RLTW
EP
Dayum, what won't the think of next....don't tell me...they'll do away with c-rats, and come up with something just as inedible, but easier to open. 8)
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Slowpoke wrote:
EarthPig wrote:
RLTW
EP
Dayum, what won't the think of next....don't tell me...they'll do away with c-rats, and come up with something just as inedible, but easier to open. 8)
Yep, and you can piss in it too!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3915659.stm
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

BadMuther wrote:
Slowpoke wrote:
EarthPig wrote: Just wait til you buy some face cammo.....you won't be needing to coat your face with bug juice anymore so that rock-hard stick can leave paint on your skin. Now they have these little Martha Stewart make-up kits, complete with mirror! :shock: But hey, it sure goes on easier.
RLTW
EP
Yep, and you can piss in it too!!!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3915659.stm
That's a great idea...you can rehydrate it and warm it up at the same time! 8)
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

Now that is without a doubt, the nastiest damn thing I've ever heard. :shock:
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

the_machine wrote:Now that is without a doubt, the nastiest damn thing I've ever heard. :shock:

You need to look around the site a little more then! :lol:

That sounded like a good idea to me!
RSD 96-99
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

V-Rod wrote:
the_machine wrote:Now that is without a doubt, the nastiest damn thing I've ever heard. :shock:

You need to look around the site a little more then! :lol:

That sounded like a good idea to me!
Maybe so Ranger V-Rod, but I hope to never be in a situation where I have to piss in an M.R.E. so i can eat it.
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.

Return to “Personal Gear”