Option 40 troubles

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
TexasRusty
Embryo

Option 40 troubles

Post by TexasRusty »

Hello Rangers,
I am currently in the process of trying to obtain an 11X Option 40 but my recruiters are having difficulty locating one. They have been pressuring me to take an Option 4, claiming that during Airborne there will be Ranger recruiters selecting soldiers that meet the expectations of RASP. When I told them I was nervous about signing anything other than an Option 40, I was told I was not RASP material because I didn't have confidence that I would be selected. I have refused to sign anything other than an Option 40 based on advice given to other future soldiers by the Rangers on this site. They are telling me that I most likely will not see one and they are in the process of doing away with the Option 40. They can't seem to tell me when one might be available. I am dedicated to finding the Option 40 and plan on waiting for it, but they act like it's a long shot that they find one. Can any Ranger or future soldier verify the status of the Option 40s at the moment? Thank you for sharing any knowledge with me Rangers, I can not express to you how much I appreciate your help.
Shipdate: 20100810
11X Opt40
Ranger Slowpoke's Mentee
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Option 40 troubles

Post by Invictus »

What they said is bullshit. Don't compromise. Ever.

The Regiment has grown, and with it the need for Rangers.
You can easily google the number for Regimental or Battalion staff duty.
Find that number and have them call it. Have them spew that crap to a Ranger NCO.

Sit back and watch what happens.

Good luck stud.
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Hold your ground PERIOD!

Option 40 is your only garantee.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Option 40 or walk.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:If I had a nickel......

You are not alone as we see statements such as yours 5 times a week.

Hold fast. Never settle for something less than what you want.

They are going to try to make you believe whatever they feed you. The experiences on this site prove otherwise time and time again………..

Search this site and you will see what I mean

Within the past couple of weeks, there have been several men on this site announcing they have signed Option 40 contracts. Be respectful with your recuruiter, but in the back of your mind know that he has no idea of who is or is not Ranger material.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

TexasRusty wrote: When I told them I was nervous about signing anything other than an Option 40, I was told I was not RASP material because I didn't have confidence that I would be selected.

Wow, that's a first. Look, pay no attention to that crap. If you weren't nervous on some level then that would be bad...it just means you know what you want and you can see through the BS. The fact that you were honest with your recruiter shows that you possess a key Ranger attribute. Stick to your guns and get what YOU want.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

If I were you I would just go to the next town over and use that recruiter. You do not have to be treated like shit by someone that can easily be replaced
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
TexasRusty
Embryo

Post by TexasRusty »

Rangers- I will holdout for the Option 40. Thank you for confirming that my recruiter is ill-informed.
Shipdate: 20100810
11X Opt40
Ranger Slowpoke's Mentee
bmahler
Embryo

Post by bmahler »

I am in the same situation except I am trying to get the 68w option 40. There are no option 40s, but they keep telling me I can file the 4816 or something to get the 68ww1. And while Im in AIT I can submit an app to the ranger recruitment. I have talked with my recruiter and his sergeant about different pathways. I am 26 with a family, and my family supports my decision. I have told them I will go without bonuses any other incentive because I want the 68w option 40. They put in a request for 68w because apparently they recieved an email yesterday saying, "there are no more 68w slots. So they put in the request through the ROC to reserve my 68w. I told them I didn't want it without the option 40, and they keep giving me the run around about how I will get a chance for RIP when Im in AIT. The staff sergeant emailed me about an hour ago and basically said, "take what we are offering or go away." Im looking at different options and holding out. I have read several posts about not signing without it. My friend is suggesting going through the navy and doing SEAL training, but I just want to be a "ranger medic"

Thanks RANGERS
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

bmahler wrote:I am in the same situation except I am trying to get the 68w option 40. There are no option 40s, but they keep telling me I can file the 4816 or something to get the 68ww1. And while Im in AIT I can submit an app to the ranger recruitment. I have talked with my recruiter and his sergeant about different pathways. I am 26 with a family, and my family supports my decision. I have told them I will go without bonuses any other incentive because I want the 68w option 40. They put in a request for 68w because apparently they recieved an email yesterday saying, "there are no more 68w slots. So they put in the request through the ROC to reserve my 68w. I told them I didn't want it without the option 40, and they keep giving me the run around about how I will get a chance for RIP when Im in AIT. The staff sergeant emailed me about an hour ago and basically said, "take what we are offering or go away." Im looking at different options and holding out. I have read several posts about not signing without it. My friend is suggesting going through the navy and doing SEAL training, but I just want to be a "ranger medic"

Thanks RANGERS

Tell them to fuck off. Drive 20 minutes to the next recruiting station. Tell them what you want. repeat as needed
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
bmahler
Embryo

Post by bmahler »

I am actually debating about taking the 68w and then applying to RIP during AIT. I want the option 40 more than anything, but I have about a week before my contract with my school is due. WIthin the next week I have to decide military or continue teaching school. Im extremely frustrated.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

bmahler wrote:I am actually debating about taking the 68w and then applying to RIP during AIT. I want the option 40 more than anything, but I have about a week before my contract with my school is due. WIthin the next week I have to decide military or continue teaching school. Im extremely frustrated.
There is no gaurentee that you will be offered a chace to serve in the 75th Ranger Regt. without having it in your contract
hang it, FIRE!!!!

Return to “Recruitment Process”