No ranger contracts till 2011 fiscal year!

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
j6collins
Embryo

No ranger contracts till 2011 fiscal year!

Post by j6collins »

Hello all,
I am at that point in myrecruitment process where there is nothing left to do but pick my mos, options and sign my contract. My recruiter told me today that he called and found out that there are no more ranger contracts for 2010! but when I said ok see you later he said wait wait wait we can still get it for you. at this point i feel like he is messing with me and just going to flip it and try to get me to sign somthing else. I WON'T. what do you all think? If there are realy none left what do I do. I realy want this and would wait a life time (but i would rather not). I heard they dish out so many op40's per district is this true and if so can I call another district. Thank you
Invictus
Ranger

Re: No ranger contracts till 2011 fiscal year!

Post by Invictus »

According to the RASP NCOIC this is complete bullshit. Feel free to pass that on to your recruiter.
If he tells you that is untrue, let me know and I'll give you the number to the CQ desk for him to call.
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Recruiters have been pulling that shit for decades stud. Drop him, go somewhere down the road, and try again...just let the next guy know that the last guy pulled that shit and you want what you want...he'll get you your contract....if not...fuck it...wait...never settle. never quit.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
j6collins
Embryo

Post by j6collins »

what it was is that he called meps and thats what they said! Call me a newbe but what is rasp ncoic
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Here, let me fix this for you
j6collins wrote:Rangers, thank you for your assistance and advice. what it was is that he called meps and thats what they said! Call me a newbe but what is rasp ncoic
Ranger Assessment and Selection Program Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge.

Basically the guy who runs RASP.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

j6collins wrote:what it was is that he called meps and thats what they said! Call me a newbe but what is rasp ncoic
Young man, I trust you are beginning to recognize that you have stumbled into a site that is serious about assisting young men earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment. You are a guest here. Please do not abuse our hospitality. Read the ROE you were provided. There is a search feature that may be used to provide answers to most of the questions you might have. At the moment, you have asked at least three questions that could have been answered with the search feature.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
j6collins
Embryo

Post by j6collins »

roger.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

j6collins wrote:roger.
OK, go ahead and do some pushups.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

j6collins wrote:roger.

Listen up genius. You've been given some guidance and clearly failed to follow it.

I strongly suggest you square your shit away ASAP.

Do we not have any DEP mods that can square this guy away? It's never too early to start showing some initiative.
j6collins
Embryo

Post by j6collins »

doing pushups! recruiter pushing me over the top, was not thinking clearly. No excuse
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

j6collins wrote:doing pushups! recruiter pushing me over the top, was not thinking clearly. No excuse
Fucking Fired!!!!!!!!!
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

j6collins wrote:doing pushups! recruiter pushing me over the top, was not thinking clearly. No excuse
You are not speaking to Tom, Dick or Harry. You are speaking to Rangers & you will state which Ranger you are speaking to or address many as, Rangers.
i.e.: Roger RangerX or yes Ranger Invictus or Thank you Ranger Jim, etc, etc.

Now do more p/u

No apologies, just follow protocol.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

There are no video "walk troughs" here; no cheat codes to get. You start at A; then progress to B......ect. Read, read and then search and read.....follow our rules and we will open up and help. Progress is up to you. So is failure.
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz

Return to “Recruitment Process”