introduction- noyesmaker

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

noyesmaker
Egg

introduction- noyesmaker

Post by noyesmaker »

hello to all users,
i first would like to thank all current and retired rangers that may be here and use this site to implore their knowledge of the rangers and their ways to help hopefuls like me. you have sacrificed everything so that the everyday american can have their cup-of-joe and newspaper in the mourning. you and your families are the example we should all live by.
a little about me, i am 17 years old and will graduate this spring. i was very active as a child playing almost ever sport out there or at least tried them. in highschool i was on the cross-country team and track team. i planed on attending university missouri of science and technolgy for an engineering degree of some kind, but as of late ive really grown a passion for the army ranger. all my life i have had a strong urge to join the military but had some trouble thinking about it sincerely. as im about to graduate now i feel i would be missing out on somthing i know i would love to do, so i started to poke and prod at the idea of joining. and around this time, the recruiters started to call, what a coincidence. first it was the army then the marines, and so forth. none of these really felt like somthing for me though. i wanted to be a part of something more than just your standard infantry, although the marines are not standard infantry they didnt really fit the bill either. then i rembered all those movies with rangers in them, black hawk down and saving private ryan mostly. after i started to think about the rangers i began the long research phase. and what i found was exactly what i was searching for. from that moment on i knew i wanted to become an army ranger because of the bond they have and the profound impact this group has on the world. so this is where i stand now, trying to find out more about rangers and their commitment to serve.
McD
Ranger

Re: introduction- noyesmaker

Post by McD »

Welcome

FYI... Some of the posters here are a stickler for detail... like the english language. We don't text... I not i ... if you know what I mean. Just a heads up.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site. If you came here to learn about Rangers, you found the right place.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Noyesmaker, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far you're not doing well. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take considerable pride in the quality and quantity of fine young men who have passed through armyranger.com on their life journey. Please recognize that we consider it our duty to point out those things that you can do to improve your performance; beginning with the use of the English language. I am not your parent, nor am I one of your teachers; rather, I am here to help you progress. Read all the FAQs, as well as selected stickies and threads. Most questions you may have have been answered before. Our search feature is your friend, I reserve judgement. For your initial task, please self administer a PT test and post your results on this thread not later than midnight, Sunday, 24 January 2010. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your interest in serving our country as an Army Ranger is appreciated. You've come to the right place to get the information you seek, and if you decide to enlist, all the help you will need to reach your goals. Be sure to read the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
noyesmaker
Egg

Post by noyesmaker »

Thank you Ranger McD, thank you Ranger EarthPig, thank you Ranger Jim, and thank you Ranger Bill.
I apologize for not capitalizing my words, my keys on the left side of my keyboard where not functioning due to a dog attack, or rather me leaving my laptop on the ground and she stepping on them. I managed to fix them today though. I will work on getting my self-administered PT test up and posted.
Thank you again,
noyesmaker
noyesmaker
Egg

Post by noyesmaker »

ok so i just did my PT, self administered, and this is what i got:
push-ups: 56
sit-ups: 62
2 mile: 12:35

i know i still have a long way to go, but im trying hard every day.
actionguy219
Ranger

Post by actionguy219 »

Your dog ate your keyboard?
A Co. 1-148 INF (M) (99-04)
B Co. 2/19 SFG (A) (04-10)
C Co. 3/5 SFG (A) (10-present)

03-05 SFQC
07-07 Ranger
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

noyesmaker wrote:ok so i just did my PT, self administered, and this is what i got:
push-ups: 56
sit-ups: 62
2 mile: 12:35

i know i still have a long way to go, but im trying hard every day.
You were just corrected for this childish bullshit.

QRT was here
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Noyesmaker, as I assigned the task to you, please let me discuss your performance and why (and how) you can improve your performance. I gave you time to perform the task, and as you said, you recognize the need to work harder on your runs. The task was completed with time to spare. What is not addressed is your seeming inability to respond to my comments about the use of good typing skills. Here, as a rule, we use capitol letters if needed. In the future, you need to take the time to properly prepare your response. One of the hallmarks of a successful man (not only Rangers) is attention to detail. If you take the time to check what you are doing and saying, I suspect you can avoid unnecessary scorn. There is an old Chinese saying that if a nail pops out, it has a good chance of getting its head hammered. Never, never quit
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”