Intro - Walter

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

boyd
Embryo

Intro - Walter

Post by boyd »

Hey everyone. My name is Walter. I'm 18 almost 19 years old and I've been interested in the military for quite some time now. I just wanted to stop by and run the basics by everyone real fast. I know i'll be going Rangers for a fact (19D OPT 40), but before I set everything in stone I wanted to grab some info. So, just introducing myself. Can't wait to join the family officially. ;) Thanks for your time.
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Intro - Walter

Post by Earthpig »

How exactly do you know you'll become a Ranger? That's kind of an empty statement. Do you realize that the Ranger Regt is a voluntary unit, meaning you have to successfully complete their training and maintain that standard of excellence in order to keep that job? Unless you control fate, your words are pretty hollow. A LOT can happen.

Welcome to the site.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
boyd
Embryo

Post by boyd »

Meaning I know being a Ranger is what I want... not exactly I am going to become one. Even still though, there's nothing stopping me from achieving what I want. I know for a fact I can pass the test.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I have many things I want to say, but I'll browse another thread instead...

RLTW
EP

PS: Unless I'm confused, 19D is a Cavalry Scout. Is there a 75th Ranger Armored now? The answer is...NO! There are no tanks in the 75thRanger Regt.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Also...
You have not earned the right to have the word "Army" as part of your user name. You have 24 hrs to request a different name, or I will assign one myself. Thanks.

RLTW
EP
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Being a Ranger is not for everyone. And mostly it is all attitude, plus some physical ability. We take the job of helping young men who want to be Rangers very seriously. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

You need to visit this site and determine how many 19D openings the Regiment has:

https://www.benning.army.mil/75thranger ... uiting.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A little recon is never wasted.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

boyd_army wrote:Meaning I know being a Ranger is what I want... not exactly I am going to become one. Even still though, there's nothing stopping me from achieving what I want. I know for a fact I can pass the test.

No you fucking don't.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
boyd
Embryo

Post by boyd »

Yes I do know I can pass the test. And I've read the PM you sent me, thanks I'll read it again soon to make sure I completely comprehend everything it said. And I wasn't aware I wasn't able to put "Army" in my username... And I had a question about that, even if my paretns were in the Army, am I still unable to have that in my username.
boyd
Embryo

Post by boyd »

Ok. I apologize to anybody I've previously offended. Please excuse my ignorance. I have read all the FAQ's and re-read the PM's everyone's sent me. I don't wish to argue with anyone, so I'm not gonna respond to anything to anger anyone. But I did have a question though, and unless I wasn't looking hard enough, I couldn't find the place to request a username change. Do I have to PM someone to get it changed?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

EarthPig wrote:Also...
You have not earned the right to have the word "Army" as part of your user name. You have 24 hrs to request a different name, or I will assign one myself. Thanks.

RLTW
EP

Your new name is boyd.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

It has been a long time since I have run into someone who knows so much. Hopefully someday you will learn that no matter how much you know there will always be that much more you don't. I would venture to say that every Ranger welcomes every opportunity to increase their base of knowledge and skills. They day they stop trying to improve is they day that they will be a Ranger six feet under.

It would do you well to believe in what you can accomplish but wait until you have accomplished it to brag about it. By the way, when you get there you won't need to brag about yourself.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Walter, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are not doing well. Here at armyranger.com, we take some pride in assisting young men as they begin their life journey. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Read all the FAQs, as well as selected stickies and threads. There are very few questions that have not already been addressed. The search feature is your friend -- I reserve judgement. You may note that, unlike many sites, modesty reigns here. You are in the presence of men that I personally admire and respect. A collection of men who have "been there -- done that." You are our guest; please don't abuse our hospitality. For your initial task, please self-admister a PT test and post your results on this thread not later than midnight, Sunday, 14 February 2010. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Also, and this is not an assignment, you may care to do a wee bit of research on what "Walter" actually means to our counterparts in the Parachute Regiment across the pond. Might offer your cocky ass a bit of perspective.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “Introduction Archive”