Intro-John

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

IrishYanksFan
Egg

Intro-John

Post by IrishYanksFan »

Rangers and other vets,

Thank you for your service to our country, and for allowing me access to this site. Your sacrifices have inspired me to want to give back to my country as well. My name is John. I was born and raised in the metro Washington, DC area. I'm currently a student at The George Washington University, and an MS1 cadet in Georgetown University's Hoya Battalion.

I've wanted to serve in the Ranger Regiment for as long as I can remember. I used to be very overweight, weighing 250 pounds, much of it fat. However I was determined to fulfill my two goals of becoming a commissioned officer and an Army Ranger. Now I weigh 185 pounds, have 11% body fat, and scored 299 on my most recent PFT (about 5 weeks ago). I realize I still have a long way to go before I earn the rank of Second Lieutenant or the title of Ranger, but I'll do absolutely anything and everything to make it happen.

Thanks again for allowing me access to this forum. I hope to learn as much as I can from those who've already been there and done that.

(By the way, I couldn't find an avatar category labeled "newts" as is stated in the Rules of Engagement. It does not appear in the drop-down menu. Therefore, as a future soldier, I chose an avatar from the DEP category.)
currently a lowly MS1 cadet
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro-John

Post by Jim »

Welcome, John. I earned my MA at Georgetown. Good school. The current Chief of Staff of the Army is also a grad; undergraduate class of 1970. Please post your most recent PT scores here and tell us how good your grades are.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
IrishYanksFan
Egg

Post by IrishYanksFan »

Jim wrote:Welcome, John. I earned my MA at Georgetown. Good school. The current Chief of Staff of the Army is also a grad; undergraduate class of 1970. Please post your most recent PT scores here and tell us how good your grades are.
Ranger Jim,

Last official PFT:
71 push-ups
78 sit-ups
13:04 2 mile run

I finished the semester with an A, two A-'s, and one B. My fifth class hasn't posted yet because the east coast snowstorm a couple weeks ago pushed the final back to January.

Yeah, Georgetown's a great school. I'm actually trying to transfer into Walsh from GW, so hopefully that works out.
currently a lowly MS1 cadet
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

OK, John, you know you need to upgrade all your events. Now let's talk about the important things, like serving in the 75th Ranger Regiment. If you are commissioned as an Infantry Lieutenant and don't have a "Rabbi," or patron, your chances are slim. On the other hand, there is strength in numbers if you enlist. There are about 100 LT slots (positions), but a couple thousand E-1 to
E-4 slots. If you want to discuss this in some detail, PM your phone #.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”