Recruiter cussed me out over opt. 40!!

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
mikel
Embryo

Recruiter cussed me out over opt. 40!!

Post by mikel »

I have recently posted the Enduring for opt. 40.. and if you read the post you can follow what has transpired, I am a classified as prior enlistment due to getting dropped in reception (2wks) close to six years ago. I have been approved for security clearance for the option 40 which they have offered as 11x but no longer available. I am currently a paramedic with three years exp. and have sought after the 68w with option 40 contract. In this process I have been to meps twice with no signing. This time around the recruiter called me a liar and all sorts of rowdy terms for wasting his time and not signing. When I showed back up to the station another SGT. told me I manipulated my recruiter just to go to meps for something I cannot get. The recruiter's overweight and out of shape butt got up in my face and called me everything but a white boy and told me to get the F@!^# out of his station while bumping chests with me. I told him it was unprofessional and I was going to switch recruiters and he then proceeded to threaten me and tell me he would tie my paper work up forever and bad mouth me so no one would deal with me. I left. I got a phone call later saying they could get me 68w w/ opt. 4 and that was it, I am not sure what action to take. I am not a punk kid and have never really been one to call authorities, more of a settle things as a man, but my getting into the regiment is more important then socking an over weight recruiter... What do you Rangers think the appropriate action to take?
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Recruiter cussed me out over opt. 40!!

Post by Earthpig »

I would most definately switch recruiters. You don't need to tell this prick, either. Just do it. There are recruiters out there who have a hard on for Rangers, like to bully people into signing, and are strictly going for monthly stats where they need them. Most don't fall into that category, but they are out there.

The bottom line is this: you don't owe that recruiter a damned thing. It is his job to take you to MEPS and work with you to get what you want. It is your life we are talking about, not his. He's already in the Army. If Option 40 is what you want, don't enlist without it. If it's not a big deal, then do what the recruiter tells you to do.

Personally, I think you should be reporting his behavior to his Station Commander. You need to remain respectful and courteous, though.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Here's an additional tip:
Rico (on this site) had a buddy who was a recruiter in Austin (last I heard). He was on the UT campus. Shoot a PM to Rico and see if he can offer some advice. Be advised that Rico is not online much. It may take a while for him to respond. Tell him I sent you.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
mikel
Embryo

Post by mikel »

Ranger, Should I take the 68w with the airborne option and put a 4187 in for rangers during AIT. Or is it imposssible for me as being classified a PS or previous service?
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

mikel wrote:Ranger, Should I take the 68w with the airborne option and put a 4187 in for rangers during AIT. Or is it imposssible for me as being classified a PS or previous service?
No
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

right now there in no such thing a bonus ....no shady deals being made to get people to reenlist ....and recruters are not even required to go to the high schools anymore ...(information passed through CSM channels) ....a poor economy makes for an easy recruiting mission ....people are coming to them.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )

Return to “Recruitment Process”