Anti-Muslim backlash: A Rant.....

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RangerX
Ranger

Anti-Muslim backlash: A Rant.....

Post by RangerX »

.....and mostly some unanswered questions meant to invoke responses......

So after the Fort Hood mass murder, the theme I keep seeing in the media is "Fear of anti-Muslim Backlash".

Was this guy a Muslim? Yes.

Was this guy a terrorist? Jury is still out.

That said, even after what is considered to be the worst terrorist act in history, 9/11, which was carried out by dyed-in-the-wool terrorists, was there an "anti-Muslim backlash"?

No.

Despite the fact that we had just been put through an emotional wringer as a nation, despite the fact that the media made sure we all witnessed a mass murder on live television, despite the fact that the central element of the attacks was Radical Islamic fundamentalism, the repercussions for Muslims in the U.S. were pretty much non-existent. No interment camps. No significant up-tic in "hate" crimes against Muslims. No stories of Muslims being killed in retaliation for the event. If anything, this country actually embraced the Muslim population more than it did before the attacks. Muslims now have a louder voice in politics, race & religion issues, and are actively being catered to as a consumer group.

So why all these cries against a bogeyman of Backlash that in all likelihood will never materialize? It seems the media is bent on creating a situation by using inflammatory headlines about a non-existent situation in order to try and create it. A self fulfilling prophecy if you will.

For all that we get put through on the international stage, we are the most tolerant & caring nation on the face of the Earth. So why do our so-called leaders and the U.S. media seem so certain that this time more than any other, we will strike out at the U.S. Muslim population?

Like I said, many unanswered questions.....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “The Mosh Pit”