Ed's dead, baby... Ed's dead.

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: Senator Edward Kennedy's death

Post by Bugsy »

I think from a historical standpoint whether you agree with his politics or not, it is the end of an era for the Kennedy bothers, all of which served our Country, not without controversy but served with an air of dignity. Two brothers murdered by psycho's, one nefew who died by accident. I believe his death as with the others in his family, will have an underlying impact on the senate in addition to being a greater loss for our Country. As such, I believe our nation has lost another icon & esteemed leader in the senate. May he Rest in Peace

Senator Edward Kennedy
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
McD
Ranger

Re: Ed's dead, baby... Ed's dead.

Post by McD »

Not my side of the political fence but 47yrs in the senate is a lot. He did some good stuff. Nuff said.
RIP Ted.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Maybe the media will have something else to report on 24/7 now other than Michael J's death.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ted Kennedy served in the U.S. Army 1951 - 1953. Dave hit it on the head. Another icon of the Senate is gone.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

TC204 wrote: After the dust settles I'm sure our Governor will find another leftist to replace him, assuming that's how they do it.
They will have to hold an election. It seems that when Mitt Romney was Governor brother Ted fought to remove the Governor's ability to appoint a replacement and in recent weeks was trying to get the state law back to where it was before he started fingering it. Oh well guess he missed the deadline.

I am not one to assign positive attributes to a person merely because they are deceased, I am happy that his suffering has ended and I wonder what his judgment day looks like?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Bugsy wrote:I think from a historical standpoint whether you agree with his politics or not, it is the end of an era for the Kennedy bothers, all of which served our Country, not without controversy but served with an air of dignity. Two brothers murdered by psycho's, one nefew who died by accident. I believe his death as with the others in his family, will have an underlying impact on the senate in addition to being a greater loss for our Country. As such, I believe our nation has lost another icon & esteemed leader in the senate. May he Rest in Peace

Senator Edward Kennedy
Nice things to say, Bugs. But Digity, Esteemed? Two words I would never use. Icon. Indeed. He was an Icon for wealthy Democrats who believe that because of their wealth and repuation that they were above the law, above scrutiny, and above the masses. Friends with other ICONS like Jane Fonda, John Kerry his loss will only make Kerry the Master of Massachussetts whose thinking is identical to Kennedy. Sorry, I cannot praise a man who believed himself above those he served and used the people he served as tools in his game.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Silverback wrote: I wonder what his judgment day looks like?
Mary Jo is waiting for her revenge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jo_Kopechne" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:
Bugsy wrote:I think from a historical standpoint whether you agree with his politics or not, it is the end of an era for the Kennedy bothers, all of which served our Country, not without controversy but served with an air of dignity. Two brothers murdered by psycho's, one nefew who died by accident. I believe his death as with the others in his family, will have an underlying impact on the senate in addition to being a greater loss for our Country. As such, I believe our nation has lost another icon & esteemed leader in the senate. May he Rest in Peace

Senator Edward Kennedy
Nice things to say, Bugs. But Digity, Esteemed? Two words I would never use. Icon. Indeed. He was an Icon for wealthy Democrats who believe that because of their wealth and repuation that they were above the law, above scrutiny, and above the masses. Friends with other ICONS like Jane Fonda, John Kerry his loss will only make Kerry the Master of Massachussetts whose thinking is identical to Kennedy. Sorry, I cannot praise a man who believed himself above those he served and used the people he served as tools in his game.
I guess I have to agree. He was an icon and served for many years. IMHO he might have been a better leader if he had had a job sometime in his life so he could have better understood how the real world worked. I also have a real hard time respecting someone who felt he was above the law. Forget the car wreck, the fact that he wanted wind power, just not in my neighborhood. Sort of typical of those who stay in Washington too long and begin to think they are God. RIP Sen. Kennedy.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Jim wrote:
Silverback wrote: I wonder what his judgment day looks like?
Mary Jo is waiting for her revenge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jo_Kopechne" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jim,
I lived through the 1980 nomination process...I am very familiar with the Mary Jo story.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

If he had ever owned up to his actions and stated "Yes, I acted cowardly and a fool in order to protect my name, place in history and in politics."

"I never should have put her in that kind of compromising position and should have thought of someone else instead of myself. I apologize for her death, it was my fault and I am squarely to blame for this, no one else" ................would have been getting him a Rest in peace from me now. Fact of the matter is he acted like a coward, sidestepped the judicial system with his family's influence instead of being held accountable and continued doing it or being associated with more stupid shit with his son or nephew.

I grew up in the midst of the Kennedy legacy. My mom was a PCN for JFK. It's not like the bad goes through the entire family, but, Teddy, I sincerely hope you brought your influence, cronies, and bribe money with you as you now try to gain admission to the "Greatest Show Not Of This Earth"

It's a Single Payer System up there...........

Good luck. :lol:
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:

Senator Edward Kennedy

X2

I hate to see anyone die and feel for his family. Politically, Ted Kennedy stood for all that's wrong with the left...not to mention Chappaquidick (sp?).
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Let us not forget that the Kennedy legacy was funded with illegal booze money.

Joseph Kennedy was no better person than Al Capone...he just had better timing.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “The News Dump”