Left lane campers got you peeved move to WA State.....

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Left lane campers got you peeved move to WA State.....

Post by Jenny Lynn »

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/In ... ?gt1=33004

Within the article at the link above it discusses that
Some states didn't allow left-lane lingering but didn't enforce the law. Now they are.

At the start of the summer, the Washington State Patrol began pulling people over for violating the state's left-lane law, which prohibits "impeding the flow of other traffic."

"This a real big hot-button topic for the public at large right now," says Trooper Cliff Pratt. "We've had a lot of complaints" from drivers who've had to deal with left-lane campers.

As someone who drives the WA State freeways everyday including days I'm not working it's about time someone does something about these left lane campers

I've witnessed many instances of near misses that could have easily turned into a major accident when people are trying to go around individuals driving 45, 50 miles per hour on clear, non clogged highways here in the Pac NW... sometimes it's even the slow joe in the left lane who then becomes an aggressive driver trying to get back at the vehicle who passed them.
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
Seabass1-4
Ranger

Re: Left lane campers got you peeved move to WA State.....

Post by Seabass1-4 »

We drove to Montana for a rafting trip earlier this summer. It was strange, the farther east we went in WA, the better the drivers got. I spent three years in Germany having a love hate relationship with the autobahn, but even at their worst, German drivers never camped out in the left lane going the speed limit, or one mile over.

Western Washington drivers suck and I will be surprised if this measure gets things to change.
Bco 2/75 1997-2004
HHC & Aco 2/75 2007-2009
Class 9/98
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Seabass1-4 wrote:We drove to Montana for a rafting trip earlier this summer. It was strange, the farther east we went in WA, the better the drivers got. I spent three years in Germany having a love hate relationship with the autobahn, but even at their worst, German drivers never camped out in the left lane going the speed limit, or one mile over.

Western Washington drivers suck and I will be surprised if this measure gets things to change.

100 percent agree, Brother ! Trust me ! I can't write fast enough to get all the crazy drivers out here !

But I do stop alot of campers and mobile homes..........

Lots of illegal B.C. bud in those transports ! 8)

Sorry Brother Lee. :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Yeah, I hated that about western washington. People going the speed limit or under and you could land a 747 in front of them. You try and pass and they speed up to 95 mph. I never peppersprayed so many people as I did when I lived in Washington.

Rain on the brain makes some people dumb.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

We have a ton of semis on I-80 and now many of them drive 60 or 65 instead of the speed limit of 75. then one doing 60 pulls out to pass one doing 59 and before they clear there are a dozen or more cars backed up behind him.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

RangerRon wrote:We have a ton of semis on I-80 and now many of them drive 60 or 65 instead of the speed limit of 75. then one doing 60 pulls out to pass one doing 59 and before they clear there are a dozen or more cars backed up behind him.
I really hate the "regulators". These are truckers who decided they will now regulate all traffic in their lanes. Therefore, if there if the traffic is going to merge in two miles, the "regulator" trucker will then pull alongside another trucker, and go 25 mph. Disregard that he has just created a huge traffic jam for no reason. Before I was married I would drive around these truckers, in the median, then park in front of them. Eventually the truck in the right lane would go forward and all the traffic could get around the asshole trucker. I once parked, got out of my vehicle, and leaned on the hood of the truck. After much blasting of the horn, the trucker got out, all pissed off and asked me what the fuck was I doing. I told him, "don't you hate it when one asshole decides to hold you up for no reason at all?" The irony was lost on him.

If you can't do anything else in life, you can be a trucker. All it requires is the ability to drive forward, take mass quantities of coffee or crystal meth to continue driving, and to be as big an asshole as humanely possible. I once lost a really cool, customized pickup to a trucker, who was doing drugs to stay awake. I had a flat, and I was parked in the break down lane. I put out triangles, and I even popped a road flare. Asshole trucker drives through the triangles, over the flare, and almost over me (I jumped over the concrete barrier), and then totaled the parked red truck with the flashers on. He said... wait for it....

"I didn't see you"

Needless to say, I do not hold them in high regard.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

rgrokelley wrote:
RangerRon wrote:We have a ton of semis on I-80 and now many of them drive 60 or 65 instead of the speed limit of 75. then one doing 60 pulls out to pass one doing 59 and before they clear there are a dozen or more cars backed up behind him.
I really hate the "regulators". These are truckers who decided they will now regulate all traffic in their lanes. Therefore, if there if the traffic is going to merge in two miles, the "regulator" trucker will then pull alongside another trucker, and go 25 mph. Disregard that he has just created a huge traffic jam for no reason. Before I was married I would drive around these truckers, in the median, then park in front of them. Eventually the truck in the right lane would go forward and all the traffic could get around the asshole trucker. I once parked, got out of my vehicle, and leaned on the hood of the truck. After much blasting of the horn, the trucker got out, all pissed off and asked me what the fuck was I doing. I told him, "don't you hate it when one asshole decides to hold you up for no reason at all?" The irony was lost on him.

If you can't do anything else in life, you can be a trucker. All it requires is the ability to drive forward, take mass quantities of coffee or crystal meth to continue driving, and to be as big an asshole as humanely possible. I once lost a really cool, customized pickup to a trucker, who was doing drugs to stay awake. I had a flat, and I was parked in the break down lane. I put out triangles, and I even popped a road flare. Asshole trucker drives through the triangles, over the flare, and almost over me (I jumped over the concrete barrier), and then totaled the parked red truck with the flashers on. He said... wait for it....

"I didn't see you"

Better keep your eye on the rear view mirror, Slowpoke may show up in it any minute now! He's a trucker now ya know. (With a BIG dog! As though he needed one.)
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

RangerRon wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:

"I didn't see you"

Better keep your eye on the rear view mirror, Slowpoke may show up in it any minute now! He's a trucker now ya know. (With a BIG dog! As though he needed one.)
Can I give Ranger Slowpoke the license plate of the white eclipse that royally pissed me off this morning in the Fort Lewis, I5, Highway 512 area, let's just say I for once was engaged in foreign relations you know when the bird decided to fly, 65 on the off ramp, 35 on the straight away 512 east/ north bound and then 2 minutes later he's on my back bumper honking, flashing lights, flipping me off like I'm the problem, oh I said some things under my breathe alright.
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”