I suggest everyone listen to this. Its powerful.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

I suggest everyone listen to this. Its powerful.

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thoughts, comments?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Silverback
Ranger

Re: I suggest everyone listen to this. Its powerful.

Post by Silverback »

Great thought but the current political system has done a very effective job at hobbling the people of the United States. They've got us focused on each other rather than them. Black, White, Chicano, Gay, Straight the political machine has fractured our national identity and driven us apart.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Excellent!!!! Might try this one too:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Silverback wrote:Great thought but the current political system has done a very effective job at hobbling the people of the United States. They've got us focused on each other rather than them. Black, White, Chicano, Gay, Straight the political machine has fractured our national identity and driven us apart.
For the most part, I agree.

But, I believe it is starting to change. The tea party gatherings are that start..........and more are scheduled for the 4th of July.

People are starting to wake up.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

I'd say that there are quite a number of people for whom this is old news, and have been clamoring for something to pop for a while now. the problem is that they are vastly outnumbered by the weapons of mass consumption that voted our current Executive & Legislative branches in to power.

These are the very same sheeple which my Ben Franklin quote applies to. They wil trade their very souls for convenience & a false sense of security.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Apathy is comfortable.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

RangerX wrote:I'd say that there are quite a number of people for whom this is old news, and have been clamoring for something to pop for a while now. the problem is that they are vastly outnumbered by the weapons of mass consumption that voted our current Executive & Legislative branches in to power.

These are the very same sheeple which my Ben Franklin quote applies to. They wil trade their very souls for convenience & a false sense of security.
Pretty much my thoughts, as well. And, I honestly think mailing a teabag is pretty gay. I don't think Obama gives a shit if he receives a billion of them.

I damned sure vote for that dude if he ever ran for office, though.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

EarthPig wrote:
RangerX wrote:I'd say that there are quite a number of people for whom this is old news, and have been clamoring for something to pop for a while now. the problem is that they are vastly outnumbered by the weapons of mass consumption that voted our current Executive & Legislative branches in to power.

Pretty much my thoughts, as well. And, I honestly think mailing a teabag is pretty gay. I don't think Obama gives a shit if he receives a billion of them.

RLTW
EP
and that's part of the problem. he wasn't talking about the President, he was talking about Congress. you have two congressmen EP. Three really. there are two Senators who represent your state. and a Rep in the house for your Congressional district.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

KW Driver wrote:
EarthPig wrote:

RLTW
EP
and that's part of the problem. he wasn't talking about the President, he was talking about Congress. you have two congressmen EP. Three really. there are two Senators who represent your state. and a Rep in the house for your Congressional district.
Who hold the "True power", yet they are never held to task by their constituents.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

I agree and have always felt that the President gets way too much heat and credit for what is going on in this country, until now. The President doesn't spent money or make laws, he just suggests to Congress. NOW, I do think that Obama has grabbed a bunch of power and has done many things that are not provided for in the Presidential powers, but as long as Congress, We The People or the media don't call him on it, he will get away with it. It is truly Congress and the Supreme Court that have the power to change this country. Although I hear you EP about the tea bags, We The People do have to do something to tell Congress we are watching, what we want them to do and not do and that we will vote them out if they don't start listening and following the law. In a strange way, I think a million tea bags might just get their attention. Also, the average person will not take the time to write a letter or even an email so they are not heard from. It has been said many times that Congress will only do what they think will get them re-elected. (Or won't be found out about)

Hell, what can it hurt?
- Shakespeare

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

This and the entire established practices in Washington have me at a point where Im going to spend an hour a day just bothering them. Ive got to get involved, Ive got to do something. I think its too easy to say, it wont make a difference. But if people like us dont speak up, dont write letters, dont call, and dont bother...then we have ourselves to blame for what is happening.

The erosion of freedoms is one thing. The blatant disregard for the American public is another. I dont disagree that the public in general is apathetic and lethargic. Worse, millions WANT the Government to control their lives. But, isnt that the voice that Washington WANTS to hear.

I have to tell you....I cant sit on the sidelines anymore and watch. Maybe my involvement will net absolutely nothing. Maybe all of our involemnets will net nothing. Maybe they will come to my door and arrest me. But, bro's.....if we don't start screaming hard and loud, get involved, and TRY and change it....for damned sure, nothing will happen. Ive started with my Congress reps and Senate reps.

A tea bag....why not? Maybe it wont matter. But if everyone takes the attitude that it wont work, you are correct. It wont.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:This and the entire established practices in Washington have me at a point where Im going to spend an hour a day just bothering them. Ive got to get involved, Ive got to do something. I think its too easy to say, it wont make a difference. But if people like us dont speak up, dont write letters, dont call, and dont bother...then we have ourselves to blame for what is happening.

The erosion of freedoms is one thing. The blatant disregard for the American public is another. I dont disagree that the public in general is apathetic and lethargic. Worse, millions WANT the Government to control their lives. But, isnt that the voice that Washington WANTS to hear.

I have to tell you....I cant sit on the sidelines anymore and watch. Maybe my involvement will net absolutely nothing. Maybe all of our involemnets will net nothing. Maybe they will come to my door and arrest me. But, bro's.....if we don't start screaming hard and loud, get involved, and TRY and change it....for damned sure, nothing will happen. Ive started with my Congress reps and Senate reps.

A tea bag....why not? Maybe it wont matter. But if everyone takes the attitude that it wont work, you are correct. It wont.
Ditto!!! Don't anyone stop with just a tea bag, it is only the start. Tea worked once before, maybe it will get things started again! "Let's Roll!"
- Shakespeare

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

RangerRon wrote:
Rock Island Ranger wrote:This and the entire established practices in Washington have me at a point where Im going to spend an hour a day just bothering them. Ive got to get involved, Ive got to do something. I think its too easy to say, it wont make a difference. But if people like us dont speak up, dont write letters, dont call, and dont bother...then we have ourselves to blame for what is happening.

Ditto!!! Don't anyone stop with just a tea bag, it is only the start. Tea worked once before, maybe it will get things started again! "Let's Roll!"
Yes I like this. Most people don’t take the time to write and even if they did I wonder if the letters gets read….

A tea bag may sound silly but it would get the message across really fast.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Tater Nuts wrote:Remember it was career congressmen that have promoted and authorized all the things we like to blame on Obama. Remember, he was a congressman before he was Potus. Remember, even the "good" congressmen that are on "our side" reap the collective benifits of being a member of the ruling class. I see the problem as being a run away congress letting an increasingly unpopular President "take one for the team" as they are on their power orgy.
Yes, Sir....correct on all accounts. Lead by example is not a phrase used on the hill.
RS Class # 7-76

Return to “The Mosh Pit”