M1

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
McD
Ranger

M1

Post by McD »

My local gun shop has a really nice M1 Grand for sale. He bought some guys collection of guns and is selling them as he gets through checking and servicing them.

The one he has out now is a real beauty. Barrel is in excellent condition. Head space and all the other questionables are perfect. Obviously the stock is worn be in over all good shape. He is asking $795 for it. He has another M1 that the barrel is in very good condition but not as nice as the other one that he will be selling for $700.

I always wanted an M1 (for some reason) but I have no idea what the pricing should be.

Input needed ASAP... before it is gone.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
dbmtrman
Ranger

Re: M1

Post by dbmtrman »

those rifles are bad ass. I have a friend at work, who has one. See if you can get the serial numbers. If you can you should be able to get some idea of the rifle's history, before you buy it. Also, you can replace the stock for a very reasonable price. Shotgun News almost always has a couple ads advertising the stocks to replace.
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: M1

Post by Jim »

1. Look at ads in the Shotgun News (yours are not out of line for good quality).
2. Google the Civilian Marksmanship Training site retail site.
3. Consider an M-14, which is in fact an improved M-1. To me the M-14 advantage is that it uses a magazine, vice a clip; and is chambered for 7.62 NATO ammunition.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Weapons of War”