Introduction - Taylor

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

T Bob
Embryo

Introduction - Taylor

Post by T Bob »

Hello Rangers,

I'll try to make this short. My name is Taylor, I'm 19, and I'm currently pursuing a 11x op. 40 contract. Today I went to see a recruiter to begin the process and should be going to MEPS sometime early next week. My recruiter said I should expect to wait about 3-4 months to ship, so in the meantime I'll get my PT score above standard. So far so good; I can't wait to become a US Army Ranger.

- Taylor

P.S. Rangers, the newt avatar selection was missing so I chose my avatar from the DEP section.
Shipdate: 20091006
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Taylor

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome, T Bob, and thanks for your desire to serve our country as an Army Ranger. Keep us posted on progress with your recruiter and in the mean time, read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
T Bob
Embryo

Post by T Bob »

Roger Ranger Bill, thank you for the welcome.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. I certainly appreciate the fact that you want to serve our great country as an Army Ranger. If you will look, listen and pay attention to details, you can learn a great deal here. First and most important is: NEVER QUIT!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
T Bob
Embryo

Post by T Bob »

Hey Rangers, just an update at where I'm at:
I took the stance all of you suggest on getting the 11x option 40 and it payed off! At first the 11x op 40 was unavailable. Saturday, my recruiter called the ROC and he said there wouldn't be any NEW contracts coming out until early next year. So I told my recruiter "Fine, I can wait."

Monday morning I get a call from my recruiter telling me I should just take regular infantry and volunteer for BAT and RIP in OSUT. I tell him, "Sorry, I'm not signing anything besides 11x option 40." I swear, 3 hours later he calls me and tells me I'm the luckiest fucker in the world. He was able to pull up my contract, I reserved it, and I started to prepare to go to MEPS Tuesday.

To make a LONG 48 hour experience short, I made an 85 on the asvab with a 128 CO and completed all the medical with no problems. I was also able to get a 6k infantry bonus with my contract, which I think was pretty good because I didn't meet a single person with any bonus is their contract at MEPS. I swore in today at about 4:30 and will get to ship to OSUT 20091006.

Now all I have to do is prepare for RIP. Also, I was looking over my contract and I have a date for BAT but not RIP. I double checked my contract and the ANNEX does state REQUEST Option 40. Do they just start the class when they get enough people or is there something wrong with my contract?

Rangers, I cant thank you enough for all of the information you supply here on this forum.
-T Bob
Atrum-Rivalen
Tadpole

Post by Atrum-Rivalen »

T Bob,

PM Inbound.

-Atrum
That Guy
Ranger

Post by That Guy »

Good job on sticking to your guns and getting what you wanted. BTW prepare to freeze your ass off at Benning in the Fall/Winter. Won't start getting real cold till Nov. but and least you get to leave for exodus. FYI check to see about your leave days during exodus. I was told by my recruiter that I wouldn't be charged, I was charged and couldn't go on leave during my first leave period at my unit. Things might have changed since then but.....always good to know whats ahead.
1/75 C Co
2004-2006

Hard times don't last, but hard men do.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

T Bob, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression; and my impression is that you have some good potential. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you are at the right site. Pull up a chair and tell us more about yourself. Where are you from? What have you been doing since you got out of HS? More important, why do you want to be a Ranger? In addition, please self-administer a PT test and post the results here, NLT midnight Sunday 5 July 2009. Never, never quit!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
T Bob
Embryo

Post by T Bob »

Ranger Jim, I am from the Oklahoma City area. I grew up on a farm, was home schooled all my life, and attended a year of collage after graduating. As a kid, I was always running around our farm playing army man. All through HS I was considering joining the Military after graduating. I was considering every different angle of the Military...Army, Navy, and Marines...Fighter Pilot, Infantry, and MP. I didn't know what I wanted to do, I just wanted to join the Military. It wasn't till about a year ago that I started to consider becoming a Ranger. My curiosity sparked when I heard my cousin, who joined the Army a year before, became a Ranger. Then I started researching the Rangers and then found this site.
Now with that being said, I want to be a Ranger because I feel it's the best place for me to serve my country.

I just got finished working out and I'm really tired so I'll take the PT test tomorrow. Also, thank you for the heads up on exodus Ranger That Guy. It should be a nice break from OSUT and the weather to go home for a few days.
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

T Bob wrote:Ranger Jim, I am from the Oklahoma City area. I grew up on a farm, was home schooled all my life, and attended a year of collage after graduating. As a kid, I was always running around our farm playing army man. All through HS I was considering joining the Military after graduating. I was considering every different angle of the Military...Army, Navy, and Marines...Fighter Pilot, Infantry, and MP. I didn't know what I wanted to do, I just wanted to join the Military. It wasn't till about a year ago that I started to consider becoming a Ranger. My curiosity sparked when I heard my cousin, who joined the Army a year before, became a Ranger. Then I started researching the Rangers and then found this site.
Now with that being said, I want to be a Ranger because I feel it's the best place for me to serve my country.

I just got finished working out and I'm really tired so I'll take the PT test tomorrow. Also, thank you for the heads up on exodus Ranger That Guy. It should be a nice break from OSUT and the weather to go home for a few days.

Welcome, wild man. Sounds like you are in the ball park of being squared away......however, the " I'm really tired " excuse isn't gonna cut it if you want a Scroll on your shoulder.

Keep us posted, keep your feet and knees together in Airborne School, and most importantly...NEVER QUIT.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
T Bob
Embryo

Post by T Bob »

Roger Ranger RANGER513, Roger Ranger Zonk 1/75.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site. Check out the Physical Fitness Forum and the Mentoring Zone if you haven't already. Good luck!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
T Bob
Embryo

Post by T Bob »

Rangers, here is the self-administered PT results:
PU:51
SU:48
2 Mile run: 15:48

I have much room for improvement.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

T Bob wrote:Rangers, here is the self-administered PT results:
PU:51
SU:48
2 Mile run: 15:48

I have much room for improvement.
Thank you for completing the task early. The reason I assign this task is to determine your baseline. You are correct there are lots of opplortunities for growth. it the section on physical fitness, Ranger Nomad has posted a very informative thread that you will find helpful. As a home schooled graduate, you may find a requirement for some college credit. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you will find you came to the right site. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”