Introduction: Kenneth W.

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Meifeng
Egg

Introduction: Kenneth W.

Post by Meifeng »

I'm 17 years old and turning 18 on 12 July. I'm currently in the DEP and have been since March 2009. I chose 11X with option 40(OF CORSE MOFOS!). I'm shipping off to OSUT on 21 July 2009 and will begin on the 31st of that month. Then, I'm off to BAT on 23 November 2009, in which upon completion I will have my first assignment of RGV4 Ranger Training. I have 1 1/2 years of JROTC training under my belt which is going to bump me up to a PV2 and tomorrow I'm taking an Army SMART test at the recruiters station so I can be a PFC.

There's one damned problem: I was 180 lbs at MEPS and am now 193 lbs.
Question 1) How many lbs of body fat might I loose in OSUT and BAT?
I'm 5' 11" and am both muscled and fat. I don't know my body fat percentage right now, however I have a 36 in waist. I can do around 50 to 80 push-ups in two minutes and 50 to 90 sit-ups in another two minutes. I run a 7 minute 45 second mile too.
Question 2) I know my running time and push-ups/sit-ups will be incresed by the time I go to Ranger training, but is it too low for OSUT?

One more thing, I smoke so by the time I go to RGV4 my running time will definitely increase since they wont let me smoke in OSUT and I'll just quit two weeks before I ship off.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Introduction: Kenneth W.

Post by K.Ingraham »

Meifeng wrote:and I'll just quit two weeks before I ship off.
Better just quit now.

Smoking I mean :D . Read the workout forums here and train harder. OSUT will not do much for you, you'll have to make and take your own extra effort.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Kenneth,
You have no idea what you are talking, but given your situation it's excusable. I suggest you read a lot more and post only after reading.

For the record nobody on this board qualifies as a "MOFO"!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Meifeng
Egg

Post by Meifeng »

Silverback wrote:Kenneth,
You have no idea what you are talking, but given your situation it's excusable. I suggest you read a lot more and post only after reading.

Well what have I posted that has been wrong? And by the situation, do you mean the fact that I'm just out of high school with no military experience yet?

I was over the top with my "MOFO" comment, sorry about that.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Meifeng wrote:[Well what have I posted that has been wrong? .
For starters, your reply to Ranger Silverback.
Read the forum SOPs before you post again.
Anyone with the title 'Ranger' under their name will be addressed as such. You're hoping to come join us. Get used to doing things our way now. Pay attention to detail. Save the casual stuff for your high school buddies.
Don't reply to this.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

Meifeng wrote:
Silverback wrote:Kenneth,

Well what have I posted that has been wrong? And by the situation, do you mean the fact that I'm just out of high school with no military experience yet?

I was over the top with my "MOFO" comment, sorry about that.
Pushups, NOW!! :evil: And while you're down there, I want you to listen very closely to what I am about to say! Toss the smokes and start doing what you know needs to be accomplished. Don't fucking rely on anyone else to get you in shape or help you to kick that habit! You need to show the initiative and make it happen, that is a HUGE part of being successful as a Ranger. Make it happen and make it happen NOW!!! Also, when a Ranger tells you to do something, you will respond with a "Roger that Ranger XXXXX" and move out smartly. No extraneous bullshit discussion, no excuses. Just do as you're told and you'll be fine, got it?
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. I would suggest that you look, listen and pay attention to details. You will not learn a thing while you are posting, only while you are doing what has been suggested.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Kenneth, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Frankly, you are not doing as well as I had hoped. My suggestion is that you need to focus on what is important. Focus on reading all the FAQs, as well as selected stickies and threads. Focus on stopping smoking; you will find most of TRADOC (Training and Doctrine Command) is smoke-free. Focus on improving your physical fitness and shaping-up your body. Focus on dropping weight. You will depart for OSUT in just over a month, so you need to get started yesterday. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for enlisting for the opportunity to serve our country as an Army Ranger. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you. So for sit-ups in two minutes, which is it 50 or 90? Same for push-ups, is it 50 or 80? I can almost walk a mile in 7:45, but your run time must be for two miles, not one. Work on your PT. Good Ranger standards are in the 80-plus range for both sit-ups and push-ups and around two miles in 12 minutes. OSUT will get you in better shape than you are now, but if you want to be a Ranger, you have to take the initiative. The opportunity of lifetime is before, take advantage of it.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Introduction Archive”