Introduction-Zak

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Bugsy
Ranger

Re: Introduction-Zak

Post by Bugsy »

Zak wrote:Hello, my name is Zak, I'm 16 and a 1/2 years old, onto my third year into high school. I've lived around my friends and family that have all been in the armed forces and I've been interested in looking for a career in it. My first choice was the air force (like most of my family), but my eyesight isn't too great, but the rangers seems like a good path to follow. My intent is to know that if I do this (In which I'll never give up on) that somewhere wherever I get sent to, I find a way to help someone.

I won't ask any stupid or confounded questions, so no need to worry about me, particularly for two years! Now's the time to start looking in the future, but not the time to decide yet!
Zak let me be the first to welcome you to ArmyRanger.com, being 16 and a half sounds like being 16 to us here. But we were all your age, I'm not sure if many of us were thinking about becoming a Ranger at that age as opposed to playin football, baseball, playin with new guns, workin on hotrods and gettin laid.

My point is you've got plenty of time to decide upon your course in life, some decide earlier than others. From the sound of things you've got a lot on your mind which is good. If your eyesight isn't good you're going to have to get that fixed because vision is very important tactically, you gotta be able to see what your going after son, that's just the way it is plain and simple.

But process it as best you can, learn as much as you can while being our guest here, remain mentally focused, maintain and improve your physical fitness and you'll figure it out one way or another.

Btw, read the rules, capitalize the word Ranger whenever you write it out and never refer to anyone who is a Ranger by anything else other than Ranger and their name i.e. Ranger Bugsy.

Best of luck to ya kid! 8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Jarriko
Embryo

Post by Jarriko »

Keep up the good work Zak. It's never too early to think about your future whether it be school, military, or whatever else you want to do.
Just remember to ALWAYS keep your options open.
Best of luck.
Shipdate: 20090831
gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

Thanks Jarriko.
Bco 3/75 08-11' Death Angels
TCCC/LTT instructor - SIMMEC Training Solutions 11-14
7232nd MSU Fort Hood, TX 14-Present
"Doc, I feel a bunch of warm stuff going down my body..."
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your interest in Army Rangers is appreciated and you have plenty of time to make the choice that is right for you, and good on you for giving your future some serious consideration at your age. Do yourself a big favor, whether you choose to be a Ranger or a cook or whatever: get yourself in top physical condition. And be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
miller74md
USMC Recon/ Ranger

Post by miller74md »

I wish I had more direction when I was 16 y/o. It would have kept me on the straight and narrow a little better so to speak.

You need to have a goal and you sound like you almost have one figured out.

Now is the time to figure it out. Don't wait for your senior year in high school.

Get busy.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. If you will look, listen and pay attention to details you can learn a great deal here to help you on your journey.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “Introduction Archive”