Sometimes dashboard cameras are a bad idea

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RangerX
Ranger

Sometimes dashboard cameras are a bad idea

Post by RangerX »

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7637333" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Sometimes dashboard cameras are a bad idea

Post by Silverback »

This is a huge story here
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Silverback wrote:This is a huge story here
I thought of you when I saw the story. While the officers failed to adhere to their training, the video makes me wish that the resulting accident had been terminal. Nobody would have given a rat's ass if they were beating on a corpse......

Edit-

The suck part is how long it took for the shit to hit the fan. These guys probably thought they were in the clear until the DA's office got involved...

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

RangerX wrote:
I thought of you when I saw the story. While the officers failed to adhere to their training, the video makes me wish that the resulting accident had been terminal. Nobody would have given a rat's ass if they were beating on a corpse......

Edit-

The suck part is how long it took for the shit to hit the fan. These guys probably thought they were in the clear until the DA's office got involved...
The prosecutor was using a modified version of the video until last week.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Silverback wrote:
RangerX wrote:

Edit-

The prosecutor was using a modified version of the video until last week.
Wow. Shittier & shittier. I imagine that cooperation with the DA's office is at an all time low right now.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Trigger
Tadpole

Post by Trigger »

Well, I'll just come out and say it:

Wasn't right, but he deserved it.

You try to kill a police officer, you have to expect his buddies are going to be less than happy with you when they catch up to you.
"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper (ret).
dirty1
Ranger

Post by dirty1 »

Thats the worst part about the whole situation. Good people get fucked, while the shit bag criminals get sympathy.

I say fuck them. Once they commit a crime everything should go out the window
B/2/1
3/75 02-07
RS 10-03

Thats the beauty of alcohol: if you don't remember it, it didn't happen!
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Trigger wrote:Well, I'll just come out and say it:

Wasn't right, but he deserved it.

You try to kill a police officer, you have to expect his buddies are going to be less than happy with you when they catch up to you.

The hubbub here is more about the cover up (Shame on the police) and the unilateral firing of the officers without the benefit of an investigation (Shame on the Chief and the Mayor)...
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

dirty1 wrote:Thats the worst part about the whole situation. Good people get fucked, while the shit bag criminals get sympathy.

When the police break the law they become criminals
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
dirty1
Ranger

Post by dirty1 »

Silverback wrote:
dirty1 wrote:Thats the worst part about the whole situation. Good people get fucked, while the shit bag criminals get sympathy.

Yeah but beating the shit out of dirtbags after they tried to kill a buddy of yours?
I still say fuck them
B/2/1
3/75 02-07
RS 10-03

Thats the beauty of alcohol: if you don't remember it, it didn't happen!
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

dirty1 wrote:
Silverback wrote:

Yeah but beating the shit out of dirtbags after they tried to kill a buddy of yours?
I still say fuck them
for that very reason, I'm glad we didn't have them in Iraq.....
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

Something to be said about the dash cameral suspiciously getting bumped to look towards the sky.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

panthersix wrote:for that very reason, I'm glad we didn't have them in Iraq.....
This broke as a story down here big time yesterday and I kept wondering...The beating is beside the point right now, the active cover up is what I see as the problem. There are so many apologists on both sides of the argument that it's hard to listen too. The police fucked up...period, but was their fuck up worth firing 5 officers without a formal reveiw?
The answer to that question is further mired by the fact the Mayor of Birmingham is pending an indictment of 101 criminal charges, That's important because he (the mayor) is the one who ordered the firing...why did he order the firings? Some think that he is trying to taint the jury pool of his criminal trial by pandering to the Black people of Birmingham with firing the officers (One of whom is Black).

Mayor Langford is a JOKE and has no idea how to run a city and he has proven time and time again that he is incapable of anything other than psychotic musings about bringing the Olympics to B-ham, Building a dome, and the rest of his flakey ideas. He was behind the vision land park which went bakrupt and hasn't recovered. He was the head of the Jefferson county board when they bought into bankrupting the county with the sewer bond issue. Anyhow.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Langford" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think the police should've been fired for what was shown on the video, but...the cover up and subsequent loss of confidence from the people they protect and serve is something that cannot be easily dismissed. This is way more complex than some dumbass getting a few lumps.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “The Mosh Pit”