INTRO: TRuss

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: INTRO: TRuss

Post by Jim »

TRuss, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Looks like you merit a little guidance. The first question I will pose to you is do you want to serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment? If you do, please recognize that there are fewer than 100 Lieutenants authorized. There are a couple thousand enlisted personnel. On the other hand, if your goal is to earn the Ranger Tab, that is achieved by successfully completing the Ranger Course. There are a fair number of college graduates who enlist each year with an Option 40. There are a number of enlisted soldiers who are selected to attend OCS or some other commissioning program. Each option has its good and bad points. You are the one who will have to make this and other decisions. Here at armyranger.com, we take pride in the number of fine young men who begin their life journey with us. But, let's get back to the important issues; the search feature is your friend (I reserve judgement). Almost all the questions you might raise have been answered at least once, so start searching. Next, I'd like you to self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread. Please complete this task not later than midnight, Friday, 15 May 2009. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Thanks for the prompt response Tyler. You can use some work on your running. But, to answer your question, I was a Staff Sergeant when I went to OCS. I would also comment that I never served in the 75th Ranger Regiment. When the first Ranger Battalion was activated, I was a Lieutenant, leading a Rifle and later an Anti-Tank platoon, in 2-508 Inf, 82d Airborne Division.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

There are no rangers on this site, only Rangers.

And you will Address Jim as Ranger Jim.

Time for you to use search function &/or read every single FAQ on this forum young man.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

TRuss wrote:Is there any way possible to go through ROTC and commison as a 2nd LT, but then go to ranger school and through RIP. I know of someone who said that they went through 4 years of ROTC to gain as much "experience" that they could without actually being in the army, and then after 4 years they turned down their commison an enlisted. Have any of you servicemen ever heard of something like that, and can it be done. I looked for answer in the search button, but I couldnt find it, and I have been looking for the past 3 days. Quite simply, I want to know the best way that ensures a chance of me becoming part of the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Thanks and best regards, Tyler
Best opportunity to get to the Regiment is to sign an Option 40 contract and come in Enlisted. Officers getting the shot are few and far in between. To get the opportunity to serve in the Regiment as an Officer, you need to be the cream of the crop.

You do not go to RIP as an "O", you would go through ROP. Also, the challenge of your chain of command letting you attempt ROP is there for you as well. Bottom line, If you want to serve in the Regiment, sign an Opt 40 contract and let the chips fall as they may.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

If you really, really want to be a RANGER, there's only one way and that's to volunteer for the Regiment (i.e., enlist). Other than that you're just stroking it momma's boy!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Since being Ranger "certified" is not a "real" Ranger to you what the fuck are you concerned about not making it through Ranger School for?

"to me being ranger certified is not the same as actually becoming or serving as a ranger"

If you ever come close to the chance at Ranger School as an Officer the chance is 95% likely that I will break off in your fucking ass...sonny boy.

Stay in fucking college.

Oh and...Shut the fuck up.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “Introduction Archive”