Hello

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Red Manchu
Tadpole

Hello

Post by Red Manchu »

Hey guys, my name is Conor and I would like to start of by thanking the makers of this site, and providing me with all the info. I am sixteen, going into my junior year of high school, and for about a year I've known I want to be a Ranger. I haven't talked to a recruiter yet, but hope to soon. Also, does anyone have any advice on how to convince my parents that this is what I want to do, cause they aren't thrilled with my decision. Thanks.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site, Redman!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Mitch
Ranger

Re: Hello

Post by Mitch »

Welcome to the site bud.
redmancba wrote:thanking the makers of this site, and providing me with all the info.
There is a plethora of information here that can put you on the right track, use the search button and use it often.

As a high school junior the best advice I can give you is, if you are not playing football for your school go ahead and try out for the team. While this is a far cry from Ranger training at your stage in life it should provide you with mental and physical challenges and tests. Football embodies many of the same principals and philosophies that are found in the Regiment. As far as your parents, you say they are not thrilled with your decision, but like you said your decision. It is just that in the end, your decision.
RHQ 94-96, HHC 1/75 96-00
RS 12-95
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Welcome, skoalman!

Enjoy the site.

Use it well.

RLTW
RSD 96-99
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

Welcome Conor! I think it's great you want to be a Ranger like the rest of the wonderful men! Good luck with your parents!!!

Kelly
Kelly

This should be you...that they call Incredible...
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the site.

When ya turn 18, you don't need permission to join. It's your decision. Probably one of the first life changing decisions you'll make as a man. You won't ask your parents which car to buy. Which girl to date. Which house to buy. Which job to take. Joining the army is your decision, not their's.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Introduction Archive”