Tabbed Ranger POSER

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
armybound
Embryo

Tabbed Ranger POSER

Post by armybound »

Hey Rangers,

I went to highschool with this kid. I haven't seen him in a long time. I came across him the other day and he said he had just gotten out of his 4 year enlistment with the Army. I asked him what he did and told him of my option 40 future plans. He said not to go into the Army or apply for the Rangers. He made it sound like the Ranger program was just your everyday average Joe. It really p***** me off because I knew this kid was a s***bag back in school, a huge liar.
I've never put a uniform on, but I have done my research and know alot of the requirements and things to look for. He didn't claim to be a Ranger in the 75th, he claimed to be a paratrooper that attended and passed Ranger school. Now I believed him up to that point, because I know guys who have done that. It wasn't until after that he told me he went to Sniper school too and passed, then when he got out of the Army he was contacted numerous times from Blackwater to work counter-terrorism for 150,000 a year. Now even if I chose to believe him up to this point, which I didn't. Things I found hard to believe is why a soldier who attended Infantry, Airborne, Ranger School, Sniper school, and offered Blackwater for 150,000 is working for an establishment that pays him $5.00 an hour.

My question to you guys is:
How I find out if he did ever pass Ranger school, Sniper, etc?

I'd like to come across someone who can look him up. Maybe Im not giving this kid enough credit, who knows. I just really find it hard to believe. Let me know if anyone can help. I didn't want to list his name, location, and where he works on public boards but figured I could private message someone. I know one thing, if this kid p***** me off and I haven't even gone to boot, I can't imagine how much it would P*** off the real deal. Let me know if anyone takes an interest in busting this RAMBO.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: Tabbed Ranger POSER

Post by Disinfertention »

Photos of each class are posted on the RTB website. Ask him which one he graduated in and point himself out.

It's a start at least.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

So, why don't you believe him?
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
armybound
Embryo

Post by armybound »

Ranger Bravo57,

I don't believe him for a three reasons. one, he always was a pretty big liar. Two, he never looked at me when he spoke. Three, and finally is simply because I found it hard to believe that a guy who volunteered for Infantry, Airborne, Sniper, and Ranger school would tell me not to go into the Army, especially to be a Ranger. Now I know everything isn't about money but he turned down 150,000 a year to make 5.00 an hour.
I don't know, I'll ask him about his Ranger class. That would be a good start. I'll let you know how it ends up. Thanks for the replies.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

What is the purpose of any of us checking this guys creds for you. What is the big picture? You want to call him out? Is he using these claims to further his career somewhere?
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
armybound
Embryo

Post by armybound »

Ranger Bravo57,

To be honest, I would like to call him out. Not because I have so much hate for the guy, but more because he discredits alot of guys that I hold in high regard. I also know that in the end it won't make a difference. I guess I just have a hang up when guys lie about what they did when they served, as if it wasn't an honor enough to just simply serve there country. They have to tell everyone they served with the most elite, went to the most elite schools. I have alot of very close friends who have served as a desk jockey and are damn proud. If perhaps what this kid is saying is crap, then yeah I wanna call him out and tell him to be proud of serving, period.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Outfits like BW don't call people to offer them work. Candidates for employment for those big buck/high danger jobs are knocking down their doors.
Your friend is a loser, milk him for free drinks while he tells his stories. :twisted:
Last edited by K.Ingraham on April 3rd, 2009, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

I think you need to just Man the FUCK UP and tell him that you think he's full of bullshit and to provide some documentation.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Call him a poser. If you end up on the floor, he's legit.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
armybound
Embryo

Post by armybound »

Hahahaha, Im gonna go with Ranger pocketkings idea, no need for any more replies, that pretty much summed it up.
Trigger
Tadpole

Post by Trigger »

PocketKings wrote:Call him a poser. If you end up on the floor, he's legit.
:lol:

And get in on video.
"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper (ret).
kozzman555
Inprocessing

Post by kozzman555 »

so......howd this turn out?
Mentee of RangerRon
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

bump
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

kozzman555 wrote:so......howd this turn out?
PM inbound Adam
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

PocketKings wrote:Call him a poser. If you end up on the floor, he's legit.
NO RESPONSE COULD ONLY MEAN...... :lol:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”