question re approval to process

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
angelicexcrement
Embryo

question re approval to process

Post by angelicexcrement »

My question concerns the whole enlistment "process"....I have filled out appropriate paperwork, submitted all the documents including medical docs..., taken my asvab (54, line score 107) and am ready to go to MEPS. The problem is my recruiter told me it would take 72hrs to submit and get an answer re: the approval to process (due to a minor knee surgery)...that was almost 3wks ago. The last time I stopped by the office they gave me some song and dance about needing a full high school grad enlistee before they could take another GED for this mo (June).....I feel jerked around and lied to so basically Im just asking for some honest answers as to what to expect. Is this normal "hurry up and wait" stuff?
Im sorry If this has been addressed anywhere......I have searched high and low re this issue with no luck.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

you had surgery. the doctor has to review medical documents from this surgery before allowing you to process. be patient.

you recruiter and his station may in fact have to write another grad before they can put you in. i have heard of that. it's called mission by category. and your category is full for that area you live in. you don't like it then you should have graduated.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
angelicexcrement
Embryo

well if thats the case then they should have been up front instead of all the BS about 72hrs etc... I understand it has to be done a certain way but I like to be informed. Im beginning to lose trust because I have to keep guessing and coming on here to see if what they say is possible or just BS.
oh and I would have liked to graduate, there were extenuating circumstances which led me to just get my GED. There are plenty of "graduates" out there that can barely read so I dont take too much stock in a high school diploma. They should just go by scores. Intelligence can be evaluated.
btw thanks for the reply
Who Do?
Tadpole

Post by Who Do? »

there were extenuating circumstances which led me to just get my GED. There are plenty of "graduates" out there that can barely read so I dont take too much stock in a high school diploma.
What were the circumstances, and I wouldnt belittle those "graduates." They seem to be the ones with option 40's.
Ranger Bell wrote:You fellas are men, or soon to be. Act like it. Ya want something, get it. She's cute? Take her. hahahahahhaa
angelicexcrement
Embryo

im not belittling ALL graduates.....Im sure there are plenty way smarter then I.....what Im saying is......I had to quit ...I wont go into a "sob story" but I just didnt quit because I didnt feel like going. I feel that it really shouldnt be judged on diploma vs ged.....and I shouldnt be judged because of me ged.......but thats the way the army works.............unfortunately I was hoping to get a broader view of perspectives here......
As for the other posts.......If I have insulted or disrespected Sgt Hit_It (which I do not feel I have in anyway) then he can respond and let me know what I said to offend him.........since my post was in reply to him.
I do not feel ive been treated "all wrong"...I just feel the recruiters arent being totally upfront..and I feel a bit jerked around.......I came here to get answers to see where I stand and If maybe the recruiters here can enlighten me as to the process...since my recruiter is leaving me in the dark.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

even if i was to entertain your challenge to tell you how i was disrespected, i wouldn't. :shock:

the heirarchy of this board told you you were fucked up, and you should fix yourself most quick, stud.

i am the only recruiter here, but i don't give my advice to people who do not respect the rules of this forum.

think about what Ranger sobersides and Leatherneck said, and how what they say correlates to your career as a Soldier.

then i may shed some light on your situation.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

AT EASE!

angelictorment You will immediately remove your head from your ass (Unless you have a glass belly button) and start addressing these men by their titles!

This is your first, last and FINAL Warning! Do you understand?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

angelictorment wrote:As for the other posts.......If I have insulted or disrespected Sgt Hit_It (which I do not feel I have in anyway) then he can respond and let me know what I said to offend him.........since my post was in reply to him.

Oh, my mutherfucking Jesus! I know this kid did not just tell Ranger Sobersides to go get fucked!

Listen up you whiny assed, fuck stick punk. You were given instructions by a Ranger on this board, who happens to be a well respected member of the Ranger community. You do not have the perogative of choosing whether or not you will listen to him while you are a guest of this forum. You won't do another goddamn thing here unless you unfuck your self, like yesterday. Hot news flash, stud. You are on the bottom of the food chain around here. Deal with it, or walk your candy ass somewhere else.

Disrespect another Ranger on this forum, and I will cash in any favor I can beg, borrow, or steal to have your ass flushed permanently from our AO.

It would behoove you to get that chip off you shoulder, and adjust your attitude. If you are unable because life has been unfair to you, maybe it's time you exfilled the AO and chose another career path. It will save you a lot of pain.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Angelica-
You are a NO GO at this station.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

angelictorment wrote:they should have been up front ......instead of all the BS about 72hrs etc... ....I like to be informed........ Im beginning to lose trust...... oh and I would have liked to graduate......., there were extenuating circumstances........ Intelligence can be evaluated.
Check this out young man. LETS CLEAR UP SOME BULLSHIT:

1. For Whatever Reason: YOU QUIT HIGH SCHOOL.......PERIOD!

I don't care if your mama got ill and you had to go to work, don't care if you got your girlfriend pregnant and had to take care of the child, or any other slug ass excuse. YOU QUIT!

2. We in the Ranger Community don't care much for EXCUSES OR PEOPLE WHO QUIT WHILE USIN THEM!

3. LIFE AIN'T FAIR, THE MILITARY SURE AS HELL AIN'T FAIR, AND JUST ABOUT EVERYONE AT SOME POINT CAN SAY "MY RECRUITER FUCKED ME", ask any of us in this forum if we regret our time in service other than the fact that some of us are no longer on AD Status.

4. The phrase: HURRY UP AND WAIT, came from the MILITARY (what part of that DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?)

5. 107 score doesn't make you an Einstein no matter what your friends told you.

AND FINALLY THIS IS OUR COMMUNITY AND YOU ARE A GUEST, SFC HIT_IT IS A SOLDIER WHO HAPPENS TO ALSO BE A RECRUITER WHO WILL BE SHOWN THE UTMOST RESPECT,

YOU DON'T HAVE THE OPTION TO MOUTH OFF,
YOU DON'T HAVE THE OPTION TO TELL US WHAT YOUR OPINION IS BECAUSE WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT,

YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING BUT RUN YOUR SLIMY MOUTH.

Until you Raise your Right Hand, complete basic, Airborne School, RIP we really aren't concerned about your snivellin about how your Recruiter didn't provide you with an entry date within 72 hours. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ALL ABOUT, WHO IN THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

Personnally son I think you should investigate some other means of employment because that's how it sounds you're treating this decision to join the military. For slugs the military is like a job. For others IT IS A WAY OF LIFE AND THERE IS NO OTHER.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
RGR_Dan
Ranger

Post by RGR_Dan »

angelictorment wrote:i'm not belittling ALL graduates.....I'm sure there are plenty that are way smarter then I.....what i'm saying is......I had to quit ...I won't go into a "sob story" but I just didn't quit because I didn't feel like going. I feel that it really shouldn't be judged on diploma vs GED.....and I shouldn't be judged because of (me) my GED.......but thats the way the army works.............unfortunately I was hoping to get a broader view of perspectives here......
As for the other posts.......If I have insulted or disrespected Sgt Hit_It (which I do not feel I have in anyway) then he can respond and let me know what I said to offend him.........since my post was in reply to him.
I do not feel i've been treated "all wrong"...I just feel the recruiters aren't being totally upfront..and I feel a bit jerked around.......I came here to get answers to see where I stand and If maybe the recruiters here can enlighten me as to the process...since my recruiter is leaving me in the dark.
I took the liberty of correcting some of your punctuation and word usage
Maybe the GED was not such a hot idea :roll:
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)
RGR_Dan
Ranger

perspective

Post by RGR_Dan »

"unfortunately I was hoping to get a broader view of perspectives here"