awww hell

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Grifter
Ranger

awww hell

Post by Grifter »

Go Flippin figure.

History: every month my FD takes 26 bucks outta my pay and throws it in what they call a clothing allotment acct. Which is in my name and I can draw on whenever I feel the need. Its a slow saving process but I finally amassed a little fortune in there and matched it w/ some savings and I had decided to pursue parts for building my AR.

Naturally I go to start the ordering process and what do I find but damn lowers are anything but available and it appears the prices have changed a bit since I last looked in november. Suck..

Lucky me its a rain day tomorrow and the big gun show is on town, looks like I'll take my lil nest egg there and see what I can find.

Looks like the gun crowd really thinks the new Pres is going to go after their toys huh?
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Re: awww hell

Post by rgrpuck »

Wow ......did you just come out of your cave ?
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

rgrpuck wrote:Wow ......did you just come out of your cave ?
No kidding! You will see crowds like never before at a gun show along with high prices and runs on ammo. It's weird.

I'm kinda pissed because no one told me that the zombies will follow closely upon the election of the most liberal president to have a father abandon him to be raised by Satan. Maybe I should've read the Gita after all.....
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

yeah a technological cave of sorts.... since I got married the wife and I have had little need for the internet, cable TV or guests at the house. Draw your own damn conclusions. plus we don't have the money to take-on the expense for those items. Hence I spend less then 2 hrs a week on the net, and I don't watch to bloody much TV even though it is this high-speed digital shit. I actually only get on the net when I can get it for free (like this weekend while my wife is watching some peoples kids at their big ass house: where i am at now). Looks like i have an in that might be able to swing me a lower if need be. so it isn't to much of a problem. just more of a minor irritation.

RLTW,
Grifter
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Grifter wrote:Looks like the gun crowd really thinks the new Pres is going to go after their toys huh?
Not quite... the Prez and his new Attorney General and leading congressional leaders KNOW that they are going to go after our "toys"...
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

If you lurk long enough over at ar15.com you may get a tip on who has lowers for sale.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

good call wild: I'll try that number.

RLTW,
Grifter
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

Score.......

It finally came. I shouldnt be complaining. We ordered the lower a lill less hen three weeks ago and it arrived last friday. Just a lower with trigger and pistol grip for 200 shipped. I still need to source a collapsable stock and a flat top upper and bolt.

RLTW,
Grifter
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

I'll keep that in mind wyld3man thanks for the info. I am really impressed with the job this outfit in louisiana did on the lower. So I am planning on going with them for the upper. Only problem is they dont do complete uppers (kit:does not include a barrel)..
http://essentialarms.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which leads me to my next question.. for those of you that have built your own Ar's ....is the process of seating a barrel on an upper something a first time novice like myself can do?

Also any insite on what barrel set up to use if i want to build a free float AR?
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Grifter wrote:
Which leads me to my next question.. for those of you that have built your own Ar's ....is the process of seating a barrel on an upper something a first time novice like myself can do?

Also any insite on what barrel set up to use if i want to build a free float AR?
You can do it, but when I was pricing uppers it was apparent that unlike the lowers, you do not save much if any money by building your own upper.

Ckeck out brownells.com for AR15 building videos.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “Weapons of War”