Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

SnoopCapone46
Egg

Introduction

Post by SnoopCapone46 »

Hey Rangers!
I wanted to give you a quick introduction about myself. My name is Daniel Pxxx. I am from Orlando, FL. I am 24 years old. 6ft 175 lbs. I am currently in DEP with an 11x option 40 contract and I ship out 20090205. I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT!! I have been a Realtor for the past few years but enlisted in the Army after my German Shepherd (Snoop) and my Belgian Malinois (Capone) were tragically killed. I always wanted to serve my country in the Army but I have had my dogs since I was 17 and since I am unmarried, they were soley dependant on me and I would never of gave them up for anything. I wish I would of found out about this site earlier as the info Ive gathered in the couple days Ive been browsing this site has been extremely helpful and informative. I look forward to the challenges that lay ahead of me in OSUT, BAT, RIP and eventually Ranger School. Im not in Ranger shape yet but IMO I am in great shape for pre OSUT. 75 push ups. 52 sit ups. 14:42 2 mile. Come to think of it, that is not GREAT shape for pre OSUT but its only going to improve and Im very confident in what I can accomplish. Anyways thanks for all you do Rangers and hopefully one day soon I will be privaledged enough and have accomplished enough to count myself alongside you guys.

20090205- Ship Date
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Jim »

Welcome...

In order to maintain OPSEC, I gave you a free name edit.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
ShotUp
Soldier

Post by ShotUp »

Welcome.

Make your own luck, work hard to achieve your goals!
02-08 1/128 INF BN
The Surgeon
Ranger

Post by The Surgeon »

Let me get this straight..........you enlisted for Ranger Bn because your dogs got killed? Well, I guess that's ok. We have another guy that had his wife killed too. Who woulda thunk it?

Welcome!
Bco 3/75
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site. Please read the ROE I sent you vis PM (private message). Good luck with your training.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

HEY! Whatup?!?!
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
chkray
Ranger

Post by chkray »

Welcome.

If you can give Uncle Sam and the Ranger Community the same level of dedication that you apparently had for your dogs, you may do well.

Good luck.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

C co. 1/75, '78 - '81
Ranger Class 2-79
FRD, '81-'82
C co. 4/9 Inf. (Abn.) '82 - '84
HHC and C. co. 3/75, '84 - '87
4th RTB, '88 - '91
1SG in B co. 1/21 (Gimlets), 25th ID, '91 - '96
G3(Air) NCOIC, 25th ID '96 - '97
Honor Grad, School of Brightness, 6-96
Retired in '97
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

The Surgeon wrote:Let me get this straight..........you enlisted for Ranger Bn because your dogs got killed? Well, I guess that's ok. We have another guy that had his wife killed too. Who woulda thunk it?

Welcome!
Yeah but...he'll miss his dogs.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
The Surgeon wrote:Let me get this straight..........you enlisted for Ranger Bn because your dogs got killed? Well, I guess that's ok. We have another guy that had his wife killed too. Who woulda thunk it?

Welcome!
wow.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Well then, rock and roll there pop tart!!!

Sorry bout the pups, thanks for your desire to serve my Country.

Build some paragraphs, learn ya som' 'puctiation...and we should all get along just fine...one of the deps should be by to police you up, and CSM Puck can help you wit dat spellin' thang...

So you should be GTG!!!!

Welcome!!
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
The Surgeon
Ranger

Post by The Surgeon »

chkray wrote:Welcome.

If you can give Uncle Sam and the Ranger Community the same level of dedication that you apparently had for your dogs, you may do well.

Good luck.

priceless :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bco 3/75
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Kilted Heathen wrote:

Welcome!

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyy Shit that was funny :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for enlisting to serve our country as an Army Ranger. Yes, you should have found this place sooner so we could have helped you prepare for the journey you will be taking. Drive on and never quit.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
SnoopCapone46
Egg

Post by SnoopCapone46 »

Thanks for the welcome and well wishes Rangers!

I have never been the type of person who looks for or needs the support of other people. In fact, I have always been the type of person who thrived in situations and experiences were I was doubted by others or where I didn't have any support behind me. That's not to say I am not a team player because I am a great team player as I am a leader by example on all my current and past sports teams but I like being the underdog. I love overcoming challenges and rising to a level that other people cannot. 2 of the most impressive people I ever met were 2 former Rangers I met a few months back at a restaurant. I met them coincidentally right after I left my first visit to the Armys Recruiting office requesting info on how I could become a Ranger. They left me with great advice and a burning desire to want to become a Ranger. Knowing that all you guys are Rangers and have been through the same training and experiences that they have been through, your words of wisdom are very much appreciated and I am extremely grateful for you guys.

To answer the question about my dogs, yes I loved them probably more than any other human being loved their dogs. They were my best friends outside of my immediete family. We did everything together. I used to take them on hikes and hunts where I would throw a 25 lb weight in my backpack along with a 25 lb weight vest and hike 5-10 miles. I bought them dog back packs and they used to ruck right alongside with me. When we would come up on some critters, I would cut them lose and let them go to work. They were in a sense, Doggie Rangers. When I got them I was 17 years old and getting in a lot of trouble at school and with the law. They really helped straighten out my life and gave me a sense of responsibility and purpose. After I pulled myself together, ran a successful Real Estate business and started really making a good life for myself, its almost like their job was done here on earth so God called them back. I see them as my Guardian Angels. I know it sounds corney but I will never forget those guys. When I am working out or running and feel like I cant go on, I think of them and it gives me the extra push to finish strong. I know they will continue to give me strength through my trials at OSUT, BAT, RIP and eventually Ranger School.

I ship out this Wednesday and have never been more motivated. I cannot wait to get my ACU's on and start training! I know I have what it takes to make a great Soldier, and eventually a great Ranger. Sometimes I can come off as cocky so normally I would say that I know I can make it in RIP and Ranger School and pull my wait in a Ranger BN but I realize how silly that would sound from a civ to proven Rangers so for now I will just say that I hope to prove myself ASAP. I know I have a lot to learn and even with great conditioning, great heart and a good head on my shoulders, it is going to take all that times 10 to become a Ranger. Im looking forward to the blood, sweat and tears that are to come in my training and hope to soon be able to count myself besides the top US Soldiers, The United States Army Rangers!!

Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

SnoopCapone46 wrote:I ship out this Wednesday
Keep us posted on yout training progress.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Introduction Archive”