You can own a machine gun.....

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

You can own a machine gun.....

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I was always under the impression that machine guns were not legal to own by the general public, but it looks like I was wrong. http://home.comcast.net/~gunruner1/whocan.htm
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Just need to live in a state where it's legal to own, and to fork out some money and paperwork to the MAN.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

there is/was a loophole in Florida at least, if you incorporated your self and then made your self head of the corporation it was legal to buy class 3 shit with no background checks and no tax stamp and no giving up your 4th amendment
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Horned Toad wrote:there is/was a loophole in Florida at least, if you incorporated your self and then made your self head of the corporation it was legal to buy class 3 shit with no background checks and no tax stamp and no giving up your 4th amendment
NO FUCKING WAY! How was that possible, and can I buy some um, ya know from you! :wink:
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Well you paid about 175.00 to process the paper work and then you carried you corporation papers with you the gun show and bought stuff till you credit card self destructed

Highjack alert, anyone have a clue on where to find state laws on sound suppressors
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Horned Toad wrote:Well you paid about 175.00 to process the paper work and then you carried you corporation papers with you the gun show and bought stuff till you credit card self destructed

Highjack alert, anyone have a clue on where to find state laws on sound suppressors
state criminal codes.........
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

SOUTH CARLOLINA is one of the states....Im just not 21 :(
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

Horned Toad wrote:
Ranger Horned Toad:

This is from Gemtech's site: http://www.gem-tech.com/legal.html

To the best of our knowledge, silencers are legal for private ownership in the following states: AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI, and WY. Additionally, they maybe owned by Class 3 dealers and Class 2 manufacturers (but not individuals) in: CA, IA, KS, MA, MO, and MI. Territorial law prohibits possession in the Territories and Possessions of the United States. There are no known restrictions on governmental ownership. If your state is not listed, check with your local office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms or your state's Attorney General. If they are not legal in your state of residence, we cannot sell to you. Please do not ask us to violate state or federal law.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

One of my Platoon leaders had a Thompson we would go shoot now and then! Felt like a gangsta from the 20's.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

bberkley thx thats what i was looking for
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Terry Welshan wrote:
Horned Toad wrote: Highjack alert, anyone have a clue on where to find state laws on sound suppressors
http://www.full-auto.com/library_states.htm
2 for the price of one, thx terry
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

We have a couple of Class III dealers that bring their stuff out for a charity pistol match the local PD puts on. $5 a mag. This year they had some different weapons than the last 2 years, an Australian Owens from WWII, and a MP-4x (can't recall, but it was German). I love the Swedish K, thats a fun gun to shoot, don't get much muzzle lift out of it.

They also had a silent auction for a suppressor job for a Ruger 77/44. I got to shoot that to demonstrate how quiet it was. That would make a fine addition to the gun safe.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)

Return to “Weapons of War”