Safe To PT After Getting Shots In Basic?

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
kduhg

Safe To PT After Getting Shots In Basic?

Post by kduhg »

hey everyone

i just thought about this, but would it actually still be safe to PT on your own even after you received the needle shots during Basic Training? i'm curious about this because wouldn't it take awhile to adjust to the new changes in your body?

thanks for the help
Master J

Post by Master J »

seems like i remember a mandatory 2hr rest period after shots,but that was a long time ago.
Spartan

Re: Safe To PT After Getting Shots In Basic?

Post by Spartan »

kduhg wrote:hey everyone

i just thought about this, but would it actually still be safe to PT on your own even after you received the needle shots during Basic Training? i'm curious about this because wouldn't it take awhile to adjust to the new changes in your body?

thanks for the help
Christ - what the hell are you asking here? How about engaging your brain?

Do you think you're all on your own once you get there and have to even think about making decisions like this? No, you won't. You'll have a few soldiers, Non-commissioned Officers called DRILL SERGEANTS that will be telling you what to do. So just quit worrying about all the little shit like this and follow their instructions once you get there.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

If you get into Rangers, shots will be a common part of life. Anytime some little third world shithole starts having problems (which is almost daily), you'll be given vaccinations for whatever weird diseases are common there...just in case you get deployed there.

If RIP hasn't changed, the RI's will be standing at the end of the line with hypodermics full of saline. Anyone who flinches during the real shots gets to meet Mr. RI and his Randy Johnson fast arm shot. I didn't flinch, but there were several who had a thing about needles and flinched. They had bruises when the RI's got through 'doctoring' them...hehehe.

I also don't recall a break at all from the PT. It ain't no thing, though, as they say.

But, shots are the last thing you should be worrying about.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Strider wrote:EP, you have many a story to tell :twisted:
You will too, when you get old and shrivelled up like me...hehehe
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
kduhg

Post by kduhg »

sorry for the late reply and thanks for the information

Ranger Pneves: sorry about that, i accidently wrote the question wrong, and i actually meant to ask that after you get your shots, and if there was no PT at all for the rest of the day, would it still be safe to PT on your own. sorry again for the confusion i made.
DGhost
Embryo

Post by DGhost »

Personally... the only thing I noticed from the shots is that it hurt like hell to run afterwards (ie, pray you don't have the initial PT test the next day), and everyone came down with colds afterwards. Other than that the shots are wimpy... as long as they don't jab too hard.
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

yeah that bicillan shot was literally a real pain in the ass.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

PaleHorseRider wrote:yeah that bicillan shot was literally a real pain in the ass.
I thought that was the gamma globulin?
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Roger that....gamma globulin.... :cry:
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

How about the airgun shots at Reception. They use needles now, as I understand it. Nothing like seeing some guy move while getting a shot and all the blood that followed :shock:
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Bell

Post by Bell »

Now that was some funny shit. Even the nurses squealed. hahahhaha

RLTW
Bell

Return to “About Army Physical Training”