Question about armor

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
LowCrawler
Tadpole

Question about armor

Post by LowCrawler »

I saw the last few seconds of a show on History Channel a few days ago about body armor. And one of the things that they showed at the end was some sort of liquid that a normal shirt could be soaked in that would make it almost completely impregnable by bullets, blades, etc.

Did anyone else see this? I couldnt find anything on the internet about it, but i really dont have enough information to conduct a valid search.
Thanks

LC
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

"We make war that we may have peace"
-Aristotle

"A post a day keeps the smoke away"
-Doc
Parabellum
Ranger

Re: Question about armor

Post by Parabellum »

LowCrawler wrote:I saw the last few seconds of a show on History Channel a few days ago about body armor. And one of the things that they showed at the end was some sort of liquid that a normal shirt could be soaked in that would make it almost completely impregnable by bullets, blades, etc.

Did anyone else see this? I couldnt find anything on the internet about it, but i really dont have enough information to conduct a valid search.
Thanks

LC
Yeah I saw it.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
LowCrawler
Tadpole

Post by LowCrawler »

H8train1/75 wrote:
LowCrawler wrote:I saw the last few seconds of a show on History Channel a few days ago about body armor. And one of the things that they showed at the end was some sort of liquid that a normal shirt could be soaked in that would make it almost completely impregnable by bullets, blades, etc.

Thanks

LC
Yeah I saw it.
Would there be any way you could share what you saw with me? I only caught the very end? What is that goo stuff/how does it work?
When will it be deployed and to whom?
Any answers from you or anyone would be greatly appreciated
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

"We make war that we may have peace"
-Aristotle

"A post a day keeps the smoke away"
-Doc
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

LowCrawler wrote:
H8train1/75 wrote:

Thanks

LC
Yeah I saw it.
Would there be any way you could share what you saw with me? I only caught the very end? What is that goo stuff/how does it work?
When will it be deployed and to whom?
Any answers from you or anyone would be greatly appreciated
I am not an engineer that builds this shit bud. That shit is so far into the future you will have kids by then. No wait don't polute the gene pool.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
SRR2R
Tadpole

Post by SRR2R »

LowCrawler wrote: Did anyone else see this? I couldnt find anything on the internet about it, but i really dont have enough information to conduct a valid search.
Thanks

LC
LowCrawler,

Search engines are your friend. I didn't see the program, but based on your description, I was able to find several articles on the subject. It took only three or four minutes on Yahoo, with maybe half a dozen different queries.

try this
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier..." - Samuel Johnson

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
-Matthew 11:12
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

Here's an article from the site military.com:
http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,1 ... d,,00.html

Return to “Personal Gear”