Supreme Court: Handgun ban unconstitutional

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
archangel
Tadpole

Supreme Court: Handgun ban unconstitutional

Post by archangel »

WASHINGTON - Silent on central questions of gun control for two centuries, the Supreme Court found its voice Thursday in a decision affirming the right to have guns for self-defense in the home and addressing a constitutional riddle almost as old as the republic over what it means to say the people may keep and bear arms.

The court's 5-4 ruling struck down the District of Columbia's ban on handguns and imperiled similar prohibitions in other cities, Chicago and San Francisco among them. Federal gun restrictions, however, were expected to remain largely intact.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080626/ap_ ... cotus_guns

June 26, 2008-When it all turned around? I will certainly remember the day.
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

"When in doubt ATTACK! Cause chaos, panic and confusion. Above all else SHOOT SOMETHING!"
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

You've been beaten to the punch (although I think this fits The News Dump better than News, Politics, and Policy):

viewtopic.php?t=42432
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

CloakAndDagger wrote:You've been beaten to the punch (although I think this fits The News Dump better than News, Politics, and Policy):

viewtopic.php?t=42432
When something is worthy of being displayed on the main page of the site it is moved to News, Politics, and Policy.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “The News Dump”