Shin Splints - One leg only?

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Phulano
Tadpole

Shin Splints - One leg only?

Post by Phulano »

Question for those in the know..

I believe I may have shin splits, but I only feel pain on the inside(right side) of my left leg(Shin?). Is it possible to get shin splints in just one leg?

Also it doesent bother me horribly while im running, but as soon as I stop I lost mobility in my left lower leg. I dont have much mobility in my ankle and it leaves my left calf very tight. This goes away after running, but sometimes occurs also during the day when I'm just walking around.

The problem started after a session of running on the beach.

Any advise or diagnosis?

Aaron

P.S. I ship in a month and a half and am trying to get in as much running as possible. I will rest if it is required, but would rather continue training if possible
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

SEARCH.... Doc and Ranger h8train have answered this already.

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic. ... in+splints
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Phulano
Tadpole

Post by Phulano »

Thanks fellas..

Doc,

I read those threads prior to my post. I wanted to attempt to verify I actually have shin splints before I attempt to treat it as such. I have no experience with this and was looking for confirmation.

Now that it seems clear that it is shin splints, I will follow the treatment advise outlined in the posts and another site on sports medicine I found.

Thanks

Aaron
Phulano
Tadpole

Post by Phulano »

Problem solved! Thanks fellas! I'm free of shin splints! :D :D

Rest, Ice, and streaching. Took 6 days off and today I was fine.

Thanks again

Aaron

Return to “Medical Issues”