A guy died

Basic & AIT
Carboned114
Tadpole

Re: A guy died

Post by Carboned114 »

Yukk wrote: Is it just kids fault or do drill Sgts catch the heat?
Hell no. I am not a ranger but this is obvious, noone will "catch heat". Its a death. A physical can't can tell if somebody will have a heart attack or not.
Last edited by Carboned114 on June 25th, 2003, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

That's one of the problems with our society today....anytime something happens to a person, it's got to be someone else's fault...and there is always a law suit. People don't take responsiblity for their own actions/stupidity.

Here are some contributing factors which come to mind in the situation mentioned in the previous posts:
A.) The guy was over weight
B.) The guy was out of shape
C.) He joined not only the Army, but the Infantry, without getting his body where it needed to be first.
D.) He enlisted at a time which put him in Ft. Benning in the hot season.
E.) He probably was not hydrated properly either.

Those are just a few 'givens.' Why does his death need to fall on anyone's shoulders but his own. I am certainly not belittling his death. However, if there has to be fault, it seems to me that he should be first in line.

You guys getting ready to ship, take heed. Deaths occur in Basic, in OSUT, in Jump School, in RIP, and in Battalion. Causes range from snake bites, being struck by lightening, heat stroke, cardiac arrest, accidental gunshot, falls, parachute malfunctions, you name it.

Although peace time deaths are rare, they do occur. The best preventative is to be squared away physically and mentally. Use the time before you ship to get in shape, lose those fatty pounds, get a jump on mental challenges (memorize then Creed), and hydrate your body.

Ft. Benning is a very hot, very humid environment. It can kick your butt, even if you're used to that type of climate. Be prepared for it before you get there.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Leatherneck wrote: must have been from somewhere in the north, like Waco.
Damn yankees....
RLTW
EP
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

All I know is that my Ex lives in Spring (North of Houston), last I heard anyway, and the only worthwhile destinations are San Antonio (The Riverwalk and Schlitterbahn) and a careful skirt across the top of the panhandle on I-40. Other than that, I don't think the state is large enough and I'd just as soon find other worthwhile destinations.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

pneves wrote:All I know is that my Ex lives in Spring (North of Houston), last I heard anyway.
Well, I've got ya beat on that one...I have two ex's who live there. And I guess by Lneck's standards, I'm a yankee now, too, since I now live in the central part of the state. The only thing I miss about Houston is the good food.
***How did we get from 'A guy died' to Houston/ ex wives in one thread?***

RLTW
EP
Morris0352
Ranger

Post by Morris0352 »

aaa
Last edited by Morris0352 on February 18th, 2009, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “About OSUT”