Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

buckeye11
Embryo

Introduction

Post by buckeye11 »

Greetings Rangers,

My name is Adam, I am 18 years old until August and live in Cincinnati. I’ve been reading these forums for a couple months now. I attended OSU for a year and participated in the ROTC program while I was there, got about 62 credit hours in from school. It was a great experience and I met some very helpful military personal, including a few Rangers that work there now which furthered my desire to become one. From everything I have learned and seen, Rangers are professionals and the best at their jobs. I have thought about joining the military for a long time, and decided back in December that this is what I want to do with all my heart. I did well in college but have decided, for the time being, my goal to become a Ranger takes priority. I look forward to being a member on this site, and to any help I may receive here.
My PT scores are:
PU: 63
SU: 80
Run: 13:15
5-Mile: 38(?) I will get a more accurate score soon.
Pull-ups: 12
I was able to easily max the test during ROTC administered APFT but have slacked off on my PT, no excuse. I couldn’t run for two months starting in April due to a leg injury, so I’m working my way back from that. I’ve been running and PTing as hard as I can since I got back from school. I’ve got a lot of experience running, track and cross country in high school.

I’ve talked with my recruiter twice, he was also a Ranger. I’m hoping to head up to MEPS within the next week, but wanted to see if there was any more advice I could get. I’m looking at either 11x or 68W. The sticky by Ranger cdwdirect in the Recruiting forum was very informative. I have some questions about enlistment bonuses but I’ll post those in the Recruitment forum.

Thank you,
Adam
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Adam, a man has only one opportunity to create a favorable initial impression. You seem to have been successful. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We here at ArmyRanger.com take pride in the fine young men we assist in achieving their goal of service with the Ranger Regiment. I see that the DEPs have contacted you already -- they will help you get settled in. From the looks of your PT scores, your recovery has been slow. Don't rush yourself; your body needs time to heal. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site. Nice intro.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Steadfast »

excerpt of buckeye11 wrote:

I’ve talked with my recruiter twice, he was also a Ranger.
Tell your Recruiter about this site and have him bring his ass here & make an intro himself.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. If you will look, listen and pay attention to details you can learn a lot here that will help you.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

Welcome to this site and a nice intro. If after searching you have a question you can send me a PM.
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82
SERE Instructor class 1-83

Mentor to Prodigy922 / KW12 / whiskeytango
CavMedic
Embryo

Post by CavMedic »

Welcome.

-Doc
8/89-1/91-11M,B co. 3/15 Inf,24th I.D.
1/91 To 7/07-Break In Service
7/07 To Present-Line Medic, A Trp. 1/61 Cav.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site, and good luck to you.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
buckeye11
Embryo

Post by buckeye11 »

Rangers,

Thank you for the welcome. I got an updated 5mile run time: 36:35, I'm pretty happy with it though I know I need to improve.

Roger that Ranger Jim, I'm doing my best to stretch and ice, I hate being injured.

Ranger JLTW!!! understood, I'm heading up to MEPS next Wednesday/Thursday and I'll take whatever bonus I can get out of them at the time as long as I get my Option 40.

Ranger Steadfast I see my recruiter Monday for job selection stuff, I will tell him about the site then.

Thanks,
Adam
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thanks for your desire to serve as an Army Ranger. Read the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
buckeye11
Embryo

Post by buckeye11 »

Rangers,

Just an update after getting back from MEPS. I went there having told my recruiter that I am unable to ship out until after August 23rd, I have prior job arrangements that I must fulfill until then. They made a big show about how hard it was to get my Option 40, I failed the PIP test but passed the FALANT so I got through on that, though they kept telling me they had to get me a special slot. They first told me I would have to ship in 5 days, which I know I'm not even physically prepared for right now. Then they said latest I could ship would be July 30th and reserved that with 11,000 bonus, says nothing about GI Bill and not College Fund. That may be true about the ship out date, but I already have obligations to meet that I made clear beforehand. I'm going back tomorrow to argue some more or tell them I'll come back later. I got a 99 on the ASVAB which should give me some leverage.

Any advice on whether or not it would be possible to get a later ship date at this time? Or if I should argue for more benefits?

Thanks
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Do not argue with the recruiters. Remind them that due to your committments it is not possible for you to ship until the end of August and that you will only enlist with an Option 40 contract. If they say they can not work that deal at this time, thank them for their time and ask them to call you in the future if things can change. If you are qualified, things will change.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Introduction Archive”