Belated Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

82ndscout
Embryo

Belated Introduction

Post by 82ndscout »

If JM82 can do an intro, so can I. By the way JM82 is a straight arrow, a no BS BTDT. Me, I am just an old fart who has been out of the fray for a long time and trying to be part of something. I served with the 82nd Abn, A-1/17 Cav Recon Trp in the Operations Section. I then did a tour in Korea with the 1st Cav. I was a Recon Sqd Ldr with the 3/40 Armor. I was stationed at Camp Rose just South of the Freedom Bridge near Munsan-Ni. My ole Grandpappy used to say "You can stand around with your mouth shut and let people think you are a fool, or start talking and remove all doubt". Unfortunately I never followed my Grandpappy's advice. Something that has caused me great concern my entire life. I hold no grudges, and never considered disrepecting any member of the Military, past or present. I am too old to worry about what people think of me or say about me. When one boils out all the BS, there are precious few priorities in life. God, Country, Family, Friends and Health. Military people are my family. Paratroopers are my brothers and in some instances, sisters. I understand your forum rules and understand I violated them, that is unfortunate. I would feel the same way if you came to my house, and did the same thing. But what is done is done, and as far as I am concerned it is finis.
RJ
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome aboard 82ndscout. Appreciate the intro. One of the rules of this board is to introduce yourself so we know who we're talking to.

Thank you for your service to this country and your fellow Americans. I agree with everything you said in your post. It's the simple things that matter.

RLTW
Bell
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Welcome
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome and thank you for your service!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Thanks for serving and welcome to the site!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Welcome.
RSD 96-99
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I served with the 82nd Abn, A-1/17 Cav Recon Trp in the Operations Section.
what years? i was the Ammo God for the squadron and the Assault Command Post NCO back in 99.

used to back up the S-3 Air a time or two but he'd never admit he needed any help from a non-scout. :wink:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
82ndscout
Embryo

Post by 82ndscout »

Thanks to all of you who have welcomed me, despite my rash invasion of your forum. One thing about reaching ones golden years, one finally learns who you are and what you are and you will never change. You also learn your place and where you belong. This is not my place, and I do not belong here nor do I want to belong here. I have always held Abn Rangers in great esteem and awe. One of my regrets was that I did not stay in the Military and try to become an Abn Ranger. At this point I am thinking that regret was unfounded. I have a home with my brother Paratroopers, and that is where I will reside. So I bid you all a farewell and good fortune.

Scouts Out!

RJ
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

82ndscout wrote:Thanks to all of you who have welcomed me, despite my rash invasion of your forum. One thing about reaching ones golden years, one finally learns who you are and what you are and you will never change. You also learn your place and where you belong. This is not my place, and I do not belong here nor do I want to belong here. I have always held Abn Rangers in great esteem and awe. One of my regrets was that I did not stay in the Military and try to become an Abn Ranger. At this point I am thinking that regret was unfounded. I have a home with my brother Paratroopers, and that is where I will reside. So I bid you all a farewell and good fortune.

Scouts Out!

RJ
82nd scout-

No need to leave, we got plenty of paratroopers here...Who knows, enough of you stick around you might get your own special section!

Anyhow, welcome, hope you decide to stay.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

From one "old fart" to another, WELCOME. Thanks for the intro, and thank you for your service. I hope you stick around, you might find you like it here.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Welcome and thanks for your service to OUR Nation.
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde

Return to “Introduction Archive”