intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

ArmyBrat
US Army Veteran

intro

Post by ArmyBrat »

I joined the Army National Guard at the age of 17. School couldnt relate with me. I didnt want to completely blow my life away so I took my GED and went off to boot and ait. Came back home as a better civilian but the civilian world is unforgiven and gave me nothing but obstacle sand misfortunes. Now 4 years later the only thing I got out of this mistfortune of joining the National Guard instead of going Active was my fiance and my baby daughter. Well looking into my familys history I was raised as a child in the Army. I was born at Ft. Bliss, TX. My E-3 father right after I was born had new assignment to S. Korea again. So at the age of 3 months my mother an father (my mother is Korean so It was no biggy for us to go there) stayed there for 6 years. Next came good old Heildeberg Germany. 3 years later I came back to the US. Culture shocked as hell. Didnt know kids could do what they wanted and got away with. That was my downfall, coming back from a structured and disciplined life and going to US life was crazy. Well my pops just came back from Iraq with a new rocker and star and reef on his collars. So having a Father now served in combat and at the rank of CSM and having a Grandfather that served 4 1/2 years in WW2 and started off as a e1 and a year and a half later at the rank of SFC ( Airborne 11b)and my GreatGrandfather etc... basically I am of warriors blood but yet to have shown my destiny. So I am here to basically absorb any information I can from the people that have earned the title of Ranger and commence on my journey of becoming an elite warrior to fight and serve my country with Honor and Pride.
25Feb99-28Feb03 Army NG 13Fox
02Sep04-Ft. Jackson for uniforms and physical.
Some duty assignment in Europe.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the board.

If you pull this off we wanna hear about it. Seems like a lotta guys are trying the same thing and getting nogos.

RLTW
Bell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

ArmyBrat-
Welcome to the site! Did you complete AIT, or did you just finish Basic? How long ago was this?
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

It sounds like you have a long lineage of faithful service to your country and I wish you well in your endeavors. Thanks for your past and future service.

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome AB

In you sig file you have: Feb2599-Feb2503

This amount of time constitutes 4years and a day. Any additional time beyond a year amount would be listed as "kept in the service for the convenience of the government." Perhaps yours should be 25FEB99 to 24FEB03? Clarification please?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
ArmyBrat
US Army Veteran

Post by ArmyBrat »

25Feb99 enlistment date.
25Feb03 was my discharge date. Thats what it says on my NGB form 22.

With a CSM as a Father he pulled some major strings to get me my Option 40 contract with a new mos.

Yes I did pass AIT I forget which class I was but I just remember I was in Charlie company right next to the Marine Corps Training Battery, Ft. Sill. When I went through 13Fox AIT, it was about 7 weeks. Just as I was leaving they cut down the AIT time because 13F was an MOS which the Army needed and the recruiters had alot of recruits coming in as a 13F. Those active duty guys that were in my class did a 2 year contract and got a $20,000 bonus and the $50,000 GI Bill and student tution assitance. To bad every single one of them except 2 (2 soldiers went to Airborne and RIP) had duty assignment in Kuwait.
ArmyBrat
US Army Veteran

Post by ArmyBrat »

AngryPistols wrote:It sounds like you have a long lineage of faithful service to your country and I wish you well in your endeavors. Thanks for your past and future service.

Angry
That means alot. My Grandfather on my mother side I never met because he died in the Korean war.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

ArmyBrat-

I've upgraded your title to Veteran and moved your intro to the appropriate forum. You are free to choose any of the avatars from our gallery (except Ranger scrolls), or you may use a custom avatar of your choosing. Welcome.

RLTW
EP
ArmyBrat
US Army Veteran

Post by ArmyBrat »

Much Thanks. I hope or rather I will to the best of my ability become an asset to this board in anyway I can.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

EarthPig wrote:ArmyBrat-

I've upgraded your title to Veteran and moved your intro to the appropriate forum. You are free to choose any of the avatars from our gallery (except Ranger scrolls), or you may use a custom avatar of your choosing. Welcome.

RLTW
EP
I know what EP said, but using a Ranger TAB Black and Gold is not what he meant by choising any Avatar. Since you are not a Ranger, how can you use that Avatar?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
ArmyBrat
US Army Veteran

Post by ArmyBrat »

My bad Ranger Steadfast knocking out 50.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Steadfast wrote:
EarthPig wrote:ArmyBrat-

RLTW
EP
I know what EP said, but using a Ranger TAB Black and Gold is not what he meant by choising any Avatar. Since you are not a Ranger, how can you use that Avatar?
You're kdding, right? I had to spell it out more? No awards, citations, unit insignias, rank, ribbons, medals, titles, etc, etc, etc (including tabs) that have not been earned by you. Sheesh!
RLTW
EP
ArmyBrat
US Army Veteran

Post by ArmyBrat »

I changed my Avatar at approximatley 2:18 pm pacific standard time.
If everyone else sees a different avatar then I do please let me know.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

ArmyBrat wrote:I changed my Avatar at approximatley 2:18 pm pacific standard time.
If everyone else sees a different avatar then I do please let me know.
I know precisely what time you changed your avatar. No need to get smart. I was simply stunned that it had to be spelled out more precisely. :evil: I guess I could say, next time read the Board FAQs (rules and regs pertaining to the use of this site) before posting.
RLTW
EP

Return to “Introduction Archive”