Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

HunterA
Tadpole

Introduction

Post by HunterA »

Hello Rangers,
My name is Hunter and I just began my DEP this past Friday. I signed a 5 year contract for 11x with the option 40. Somone on the goarmy.com website mentioned this site and I have been reading every post since then. I was born in Texas and have lived here my entire life. I am 23 years old and I feel like these coming years will be the best of my life. My grandmother has told me that my grandfather was a ranger and I would like to honor him by choosing the same path. I have been wanting to come into the military for the past year and a half and have looked through nearly all of the jobs in every branch. I prepared myself for weeks before travelling to MEPS to make sure I did not get screwed. I got a 93 on my ASVAB, a 127 on my GT and I got the max bonus with my contract. I will be entering BCT as an E3. I leave June 12 for Benning and BCT starts the 20th for me. Overall I would call this MEPS a success and I could not have hoped for better. I am still anxious about the path ahead and want to make sure I give myself every oppurtunity to be physically and mentally prepared for OSUT, Airborne and RIP. I hope to find a mentor on this site that can help me prepare for the journey I am about to embark on. I look forward to conversing with all of you Rangers and I just wanted to introduce myself and tell yall I have the upmost respect for what all of you do as well as everyone else in the military. I am excited to be able to serve my country and try and join the ranks of an elite force. Hope to hear from yall soon!
Hunter :!:
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Hunter,

Congratulations on securing your contract and welcome to the site. Feel free to check into Minor Mayhem. PM inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Texas huh?

You need to come out to the Ranch next weekend and be our range Bitch
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and conratulations for enlisting to become an Army Ranger. Be sure to read the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site. Congrats on securing your opt. 40.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

RRDTm3 wrote:Texas huh?

You need to come out to the Ranch next weekend and be our range Bitch
Hell yeah. :lol:
RSD 96-99
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Welcome. I see that you're in Austin, we've got quite a few members in that AO as well as other parts of the great state.

The request for a mentor should be made in the mentoring zone, if you haven't already done so.

Good luck.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

HunterA

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome Hunter. Your introduction was satisfactory. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
HunterA
Tadpole

Post by HunterA »

JLTW!!! wrote:Where in Texas?
Ranger JLTW!!!

I have lived in Austin, Tx for the past 12 years.
11x Opt. 40 DEP
Shipdate: 20080612

Ranger JLTW!!!'s mentee
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

HunterA wrote:
JLTW!!! wrote:Where in Texas?
Ranger JLTW!!!

I have lived in Austin, Tx for the past 12 years.
Hmm..sporting a mohawk, tie dyed shirt and smoking weed while begging for nickles on 6th Street?
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Return to “Introduction Archive”