what do you think?

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Grifter
Ranger

what do you think?

Post by Grifter »

So in light of the fact that its an election year, and considering that the current reputation of the republicans isnt so great. I am leaning towards the idea that the dems may take office soon.

In light of this sense of forboding I am having regarding the future of the Presidency and our governement's legistature, I am considering very quickly picking up a AR-15 and maybe a couple other weapons that our democrat leaders would deem as "Assault rifles/weapons". Should they decide to once again pursue legislation that would once again ban weapons that fit their definition/description of those type weapons.

Unfortunately, I am not the richest Ranger at the moment (paying for a wedding and all). so i'll have to suck up the cost a bit. Just kinda wondering if you all feel the same sense / or need to start stock piling weapons before the legislative fools start attempting to hack at our 2nd amendment rights. I dont intend to go ballistic and put myself in debt or anything. But our local gander mtn has a S @ W M@P for 850.00 new which doesnt appear to bad considering local Ar-15 costs.

hell. for market cost analysis: same ad, Gander has the bushmaster AR-15 for 1100.

Discuss.
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Id buy a 50 cal before I would get an AR, but now ammo for the thing is beyond through the roof
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

yeah between the ammo price and the weight it not real easy to move with quickly. especially when I want to E and E away from LE.

throw in tht something that big is awful hard to hide. however it might be long way from the banned list.

RLTW,
Grifter

side note. i decided not to buy the S@W. it wasnt set up the way I wanted it. I keep hearing rock river makes a great lower. although I would top it with the Sand W upper. someone here said the RR upper is heavy in the barrel?
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Seems like Ammo prices in general have gone up about 10-15% over the last couple of months. A lot of places are running low on the good stuff too. Not sure if it has to do with the weather and people going out to shoot more or with the election, but I just ordered "a few rounds".
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I think the election is the Democrats to lose. That said, I do not see anarchy in the street -- the Republic will survive. I have some concerns, but retain faith in my country and my God. On the other hand, an armed society is a polite society.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

From an academic point of view, there is an estimated three firearms per household - who ever is in charge that wants to get rid of the weapons, good luck.

I don't envision the Dems winning jack shit for a while as far as the presidency is concerned.

I believe in the NRA and other firearm enthusiast organizations and there are reams of documentation from our founding fathers that point towards ownership and its significance. #2 is the shortest and the most to the point right we have.

On that note, I do give money silently to these organizations but believe that to be a member would be cutting my own throat. God forbid that weapons are banned, all a Federal Judge has to do is order the membership lists which would be an instant registration of where most of the weapons are located. Same with periodicals.

Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it. I have alot!
abn-rgr
Ranger

Post by abn-rgr »

TC204 wrote:
JLTW!!! wrote:I'm with you, if I had the dough, I would certainly "stockpile" some weapons...
I've had enough to field a Platoon for the last 10 years :wink: my firends always tell me they're coming here with lots of food when the SHTF.
+1 I always tell my neighbors to bring their own B&B (Bitches and Bullets)
RS 04-94
"Hard and Cold for the Black and Gold"
Ne Desit Virtus
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

TC204 wrote:
JLTW!!! wrote:I'm with you, if I had the dough, I would certainly "stockpile" some weapons...
I've had enough to field a Platoon for the last 10 years :wink: my firends always tell me they're coming here with lots of food when the SHTF.
Shoot your friends and steal the food
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “Weapons of War”