APFT Test w/Recruiter

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
just plain Mike
Embryo

APFT Test w/Recruiter

Post by just plain Mike »

Rangers,
Completed my pt test today with my recruiter. I scored 285 overall, which was a disappointment. I am 32 years old, so here were my numbers: I maxed out the pushups with 83. Then totally hit a wall with my sit-ups, only getting 66, for a score of 89. That will bother me for a while. I ran a 13:48 two mile without a watch, scoring a 96. Really, I should have scored a 296, but I can deal with a 285.
I've said all of this to say that I have only been doing Crossfit, with a few workouts taken from the RIP workout program. I am confident that my next pt test will show better results.
So I have a question, at Fort Benning, will I be able to scrounge together equipment, like sandbags, ammo cans and etc. to continue Crossfit workouts to compliment the pt I am completing during basic?
Thanks, I know the pt will be rigorous, but in my spare time I would like to keep my baseline of strength/stamina I receive from doing Crossfit.
Mike

Ship date: 20080522
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

No.

Benning is fresh out of sand-bags and ammo cans.

Stupid bastard.

Do some fucking push ups.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
just plain Mike
Embryo

Ranger Kilted Heathen,
You're right, stupid question, so I will take that as a yes, and kick the crap out of some Crossfit when I get the chance. Push ups? Really need to do sit-ups, but I will do some out of respect.
Mike

Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Mike,

The PT you do in basic will not be rigorous if you're doing cross fit regularly. You will have a limited opportunity to augment your PT while in basic. Once you hit Airborne there will be free time at night and on the weekends, and doing extra PT there will payoff in RIP. Airborne PT is no longer known for being strenuous.

When you did the PT test today, were you graded in the 18-21 age group or the old bastard age group?
just plain Mike
Embryo

Ranger Invictus,
Sorry to say, it was the old bastard age group. My pushups maxed out the 18-21 age group, but I will need to get my run time down by 48 seconds, and just add 12 sit-ups. I should have maxed out the sit-ups today, but like I said, I hit a wall at 50, don't know if it was the hip flexors or what, but it was definitely a wall.
Hate to say it Ranger Invictus, but I don't have a contract for Airborne or RIP. I am going in as a color blind medic, even though I can clearly see red and green. I am going to work at being the best I can be, and pray I get my chance at RIP and the Rangers. I read that there are exceptions to everything, so I am extremely motivated to get around the color blind issue. Maybe taking the test again, or finding a way around it.
Mike

Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

just plain Mike wrote:Ranger Invictus,
Sorry to say, it was the old bastard age group. My pushups maxed out the 18-21 age group, but I will need to get my run time down by 48 seconds, and just add 12 sit-ups. I should have maxed out the sit-ups today, but like I said, I hit a wall at 50, don't know if it was the hip flexors or what, but it was definitely a wall.
Hate to say it Ranger Invictus, but I don't have a contract for Airborne or RIP. I am going in as a color blind medic, even though I can clearly see red and green. I am going to work at being the best I can be, and pray I get my chance at RIP and the Rangers. I read that there are exceptions to everything, so I am extremely motivated to get around the color blind issue. Maybe taking the test again, or finding a way around it.
Gotcha. Make sure you keep your PT to a high standard. If/when you get your shot, you will want to be ready. And I'm guessing PT at Fort Sam isn't really up to RIP standards.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

just plain Mike wrote:Ranger Kilted Heathen,
You're right, stupid question, so I will take that as a yes, and kick the crap out of some Crossfit when I get the chance. Push ups? Really need to do sit-ups, but I will do some out of respect.
More push ups.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

just plain Mike
Embryo

Ranger Invictus,
Is there any type of Ranger recruitment at Fort Sam?
Mike

just plain Mike
Embryo

Ranger Kilted Heathen,
Push-ups completed out of respect, but like I said, I need work on sit-ups at this point.
Mike

Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

I have no idea. Hit up one of the medics. Might make a post in "Basic Training" forum.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

It will depend on the needs of the Regiment at the time.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
just plain Mike
Embryo

Ranger Bill,
Thru reading the news, I was made to understand that the Rangers are in need of men, and that medics are also in need. I hope that is true.
Mike

Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

just plain Mike wrote:Ranger Kilted Heathen,
Push-ups completed out of respect, but like I said, I need work on sit-ups at this point.
Listen...shithead.

You're not fucking authorised to fucking debate.

Do sit ups any time you fucking like. But when you're told to do push ups you shut your hole and do fucking push ups.

Do more push ups then use the search button for a while you lazy fuck.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

just plain Mike wrote:Ranger Bill,
Thru reading the news, I was made to understand that the Rangers are in need of men, and that medics are also in need. I hope that is true.
Unfortunately for you, there's not a huge demand in Battalion for leg medic's.
Scoring a slot in Airborne school would have given you a much better chance to volunteer for RIP. I don't know that they have active recruiting at Fort Sam. I'm sure one of the other medics could better answer what opportunities might be available there.

The most likely course is for you to go to your unit, do your first tour, and reenlist for Battalion or 4187 (transfer) there.
just plain Mike
Embryo

Ranger Kilted Heathen,
I do 50 push-ups each time you tell me to. I wasn't trying to debate, I have searched this site for the past two weeks extensively. I only started posting because I didn't find the answers. Just trying to have a little fun while looking for answers. Thanks
Mike

Return to “About Army Physical Training”