Javelin video

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Snake Juice
Tadpole

Javelin video

Post by Snake Juice »

Here is a nice little video of a Javelin being fired (Not positive it is a Javelin)

http://www.zjxf.info/z-c/image1/killt72.mpa
1st Ranger

Post by 1st Ranger »

Yep, that's a Javelin. I think we were all sceptical when we first got those in Bn, but they turned out to be one bad ass weapon system (as long as you didn't have to hump it). I've been to numerous live-fires (and got to fire one myself), but they were all against empty tank hulks. I was never lucky enough to see one fired at a fully fueled and armed tank like the one in the video was supposd to be. I also never got to see one used in Iraq, and that pisses me off! :(

1st Ranger
Smiddy
Ranger

Post by Smiddy »

1st Ranger wrote:Yep, that's a Javelin. I think we were all sceptical when we first got those in Bn, but they turned out to be one bad ass weapon system (as long as you didn't have to hump it). I've been to numerous live-fires (and got to fire one myself), but they were all against empty tank hulks. I was never lucky enough to see one fired at a fully fueled and armed tank like the one in the video was supposd to be. I also never got to see one used in Iraq, and that pisses me off! :(

1st Ranger
Casa, our jr. wpns sgt used one on an Iraqi Mortar pos. in OIF I. I didn't get to see it either. It would be comforting if at least someone that you or I trained in the thing killed someone with it.
"NEVER WITHOUT HONOR"

C Co, 1/75; 92-00...HHC, 1/75; 00-02
1st Ranger

Post by 1st Ranger »

I hear that! While we were there I heard some rumors that someone in Bn used one, but I never heard any details about where or against what. Its not fair, its just not fair. :cry:

Hey Smiddy, remember this picture? I also remember the well deserved ass chewing you gave me while we were there for giving Harris shit. He he, memories....(I blurred your face considering your current assignment. Let me know if you want me to fix it)

Nothing in the world beats a Bolio Burger!
Smiddy
Ranger

Post by Smiddy »

Nice one. I lost the copies of all those pictures when my van was stolen. It's too bad those 2 leg bastards are encroaching in on our group photo. :evil: :D
"NEVER WITHOUT HONOR"

1st Ranger

Post by 1st Ranger »

Here is a picture of a Jav we fired off in OEF. We had about 5 or 6 of them, so we let the guys who had never fired one shoot one off. This one had just kicked in the second stage rocket. Hope you rrikee.

p.s. Hey Smiddy, remember in Germany when Thompson's Javelin's second stage rocket never kicked in and it went crashing into the graound in front of us? Man, that was awesome!

Smiddy
Ranger

Post by Smiddy »

[quote="1st Ranger"]

p.s. Hey Smiddy, remember in Germany when Thompson's Javelin's second stage rocket never kicked in and it went crashing into the graound in front of us? Man, that was awesome!

Yeah, it landed 15m in front of me. I remember wishing I had us make our sandbags higher. Of course, I didn't know at the time there was no threat of it exploding.
"NEVER WITHOUT HONOR"

Return to “Weapons of War”