DEP on probation

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Earthpig
Ranger

DEP on probation

Post by Earthpig »

As some of you may know, I took on two DEPs to mentor: Ray80 and Hopps/ Foodboy/ Punkboy.

One of my DEPs (Ray 80) has remained focused on training and gaining knowledge to prepare himself for the Option 40 program. He works 70+ hours/ week and still maintains a grueling PT regimen, works on DEP tasks, and researches military information. There is little doubt in my mind that this individual will succeed in his endeavors. I might add that it has nothing to do with my mentoring skills either, as to date, I haven't really given him anything worthwhile to broaden his knowledge.

My other DEP has taken the opposite path. He has walked the path of a cocky teen. First, he got expelled for taking part in a school food fight, nearly cancelling his chances of graduating high school.

Next, he spent the three-day Memorial Day weekend getting blitzed on alcohol, chopping up a rented keg with a hatchet, and violating game laws (his own admission). The PM that he sent me on Memorial Day, bragging about his immature exploits interrupted my remembrance of several fallen friends (I spent my Memorial Day pondering the value of friendships lost to 'lead poisoning').

Finally, he posted a series of completely tasteless 'dead baby' jokes in a public forum on this site.

When the Punkboy has sent me PMs, they have not dealt with Ranger questions...they have all been irrelevant ramblings that only a wreckless teenager could relate to.

Suffice it to say, I am not impressed. At this point, I feel that this DEP is nothing more than a careless, cocky punk. He obviously has intelligence, but can not channel it in the right direction. I do not condone his lifestyle, nor his attitude on life. I would not bet a dime that he will make it to RIP, not to mention Battalion.

I'm placing Punkboy on 'probation' for 36 hours as my DEP. He has until 0930 hours Monday CST (that's 9:30 am school-boy time) to write an essay, no less than 350 words, explaining why I should waste my time being his mentor. I want to know why I should think that he stands even a snowball's chance in Hell of becoming a US Army Ranger.

If I don't receive this assignment by the deadline, or if his essay is lame, he will no longer be under my mentorship. Perhaps that is no big deal....if not cool. It is likely that his actions are a reflection of my mentor capabilities. For that, I apologize to all. I will try to uphold the standards better on my next DEP.

RLTW
EP
PS: Ray80, I look forward to changing your title to Ranger. You are on the right path.
Last edited by Earthpig on June 5th, 2004, 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Oh, and by the way....if you are not a Ranger (or veteran) or Punkboy, do not bother responding to this thread. Gracias.
RLTW
EP
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

PUNKBOY, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS? :evil:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I think the name PUNKBOY is too good for him. Why not change his name to what he is a: bouyboy. A fucken ding-a-ling ringing out in the waterways of our country. Bouyboy, a warning all all to stay away from. Doomed to be alone.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
rangercamaro
Ranger

Post by rangercamaro »

PUNKBOY it's all fricken fun and games aint it? You better re-evaluate your priorities and regroup. Your chance at at even making it into the Military is looking pretty damn weak!!! Get caught doing some of this shit and your ass is done!! Criminal record and aption 40 contract?? NOT EVEN IN SAME SENTENCE!!

Another thing, let me catch you violating game laws and I'll hunt your ass!!! Ever see the movie with IceTea in it where they hunt him down? I'll buy a tag for your ass!! Hunting is as much respect as it is getting game, GROW THE FUCK UP CUMSTAIN!!! :x
Bco 1/75 2nd plt Wpn Sqd 89-93
HHC 1/75 Bn Armorer 93-94 (after cookoff)
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Your youth is over, Punkboy. You are in the real world now. It's time you realized that, and started acting like a man. Your "little kid" shit isn't going to be cute anymore. :evil:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

Ranger EarthPig, I went to church today, went to a guy's going away party, because he is leaving for Iraq in two weeks. When i got home around 2000hrs from that, i had a phone message saying my friend was in the hospital. He rolled his van today, so i went to see him, i just got home after seeing the crash site, van etc. I have a presentation tomorrow that i have to finish up tonight. I have not been on since saturday morning. The assignment will not be completed by the deadline.

FoodBoy
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

FoodBoy wrote:Ranger EarthPig, I went to church today, went to a guy's going away party, because he is leaving for Iraq in two weeks. When i got home around 2000hrs from that, i had a phone message saying my friend was in the hospital. He rolled his van today, so i went to see him, i just got home after seeing the crash site, van etc. I have a presentation tomorrow that i have to finish up tonight. I have not been on since saturday morning. The assignment will not be completed by the deadline.

FoodBoy
Very well. You are free to travel in the cabin area. The Captain has turned off the No Smoking signs. Good luck with your journey.

If anyone would like to mentor this individual, he is back on the market.

RLTW
EP
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Ranger EP
EP: I appreciate your willingness to even offer a probation but be advised...his behavior does not warrant the action. The fact is, you dont the time to waste on boys who live to be stupid and think it's cool. Cut it off. His offer of excuses, his disregard for your time, and his belief that you would somehow approve of his stupid actions are huge red flags that he has no desire to grow up, no real sense of what we are about, and no respect for the people on this site in general.
I would cut him lose and never look back. Ive taken up for Deps a time or two but when people go through life with wreckless haphazard abandon...it wont stop. He doesnt have the core value or discipline to be a Ranger and his demonstration of wreckless behavior only says that he can't control himself.
Here's the knife....cut the rope.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

I can't wait till he comes to fucking RIP. :evil:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Abell9 wrote:Here's the knife....cut the rope.
I have, Brother....that's why I said he's back on the market. He didn't give me shit for an assignment and he failed the mission. I'm done with him.

H8train- I don't think you'll ever see him...he won't make it that far. :wink:

RLTW
EP
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

EarthPig wrote:
Abell9 wrote:Here's the knife....cut the rope.
I have, Brother....that's why I said he's back on the market. He didn't give me shit for an assignment and he failed the mission. I'm done with him.

H8train- I don't think you'll ever see him...he won't make it that far. :wink:

RLTW
EP
Probably will quit in Airborne. You know how tough that is. :roll:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99

Return to “The Mosh Pit”