Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
MrWesson22
Soldier

Do you like the Beretta 92?

Post by MrWesson22 »

Well, the topic is self-explanatory.
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

Never could warm up to Berettas or their South American copy the Taurus (old Beretta factory) but not because they are not a good gun. I guess i have been spoiled with Sig. My first Sig was a P226...loved it. Next came the P228 it was compact and i could shoot it just a well as its big brother. Along comes P225 and what a EDC gun, could not ask for a better fit. Finally, the Sig nearest and dearest to my heart, P220. While there are many guns out there that are cool looking and are cheaper in price, the Sig line of handguns are quality firearms that i can shoot well and whos function is the same. But, beware, once you go Sig you will never go back.

TAP TAP
MrWesson22
Soldier

Post by MrWesson22 »

Amen. I've got a fair amount of experience with both the Sig and the Beretta. I feel the exact same way. Shooting a Sig then going to a Beretta is like going back to hamburgers when you're used to New York Strip.
steelsixzero
Ranger

Post by steelsixzero »

The police department that I work for issues Ruger P95s. As soon as I graduated from the academy and had the funds I picked up a 92FS Centurion. My Ruger worked well in the academy and I shot well with it, but others in my class had some major problems with springs breaking and seatbelts ejecting magazines while sitting in the cars. I was impressed the the 92FS in Battalion. They were very old and well worn, but I can't recall one malfunction or breakage. Many of the officers I work with perfer Sigs......I don't have an extra $900 laying around :? .
2/75 C Co. Wpns Plt 94-98
RGR Class 11-96
steelsixzero
Ranger

Post by steelsixzero »

Hey Donitz, I agree with ya on the Glock issue. I own a Glock 17C that I love to shoot. It is such a simple gun and very comfortable in the hands. our Rangemaster has something personal against the Glock for some reason. However many officers would love to carry a Glock. Hopefully when he retires the new Rangemaster will change the policy. I would swap out the 92FS for the Glock anyday.

Here is a SWAT question for ya......How did your RGR Batt training help you in making it onto the team? Did the training conflict with each other.....meaning, did you have any bad habits that you had to break? I plan on interviewing and trying out for our team soon. I was in the mortars so we didn't get to do as much of the CQB that the line platoons did but I do have the basics down. From talking to some of the SWAT guys, they said some of the former SEAL, Recon, Rangers...ect. had a hard time in the SWAT academy due to some bad habits they had picked up in the military. What ya think?
RGR Class 11-96
steelsixzero
Ranger

Post by steelsixzero »

Thanks for your quick reply Donitz. There are two former rangers on our PRT (Primary Response Team, which is made up of the SWAT guys on regular patrol duties). They work out of different Divisions so I never see them to ask questions. My partner who is a former Marine just made the team so he has been a big help in preparing me for the next academy which should be in October (depending on the budget....you know how that goes).

I noticed that you are in Washington. What agency do you work for......If ya don't want to say I understand. My old Platoon Sgt. works for King County Police (Steve Johnson). I was watching COPS (nothing else was on :wink: ) and I saw two C Co. 2nd Plt guys (Clark and Delgado I think) working for one of the agencies near Ft. lewis. Maybe someone here will recognize those names.

thanks again for the quick response.
RGR Class 11-96
steelsixzero
Ranger

Post by steelsixzero »

I have been with San Diego PD for three years. Two years of non-probation patrol work are required to attend the interview (panel type interview), then the physical test consist of a 440 run, push-ups,sit-ups and pull-ups. The obstical course is also included with the physical fitness test. The firearms qualification test consist of handgun and shotgun shooting skills. After these tests have been passed you attend a three week SWAT academy. Like I said before, hopfully our budget will allow for an academy this year....Ill let ya know how I do.
RGR Class 11-96
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I prefer an ankle-length white sock for jogging/working out and a darker sock (full length) when wearing Dockers.....
Bunch of SWAT monkeys! :wink:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
steelsixzero
Ranger

Post by steelsixzero »

EP you kill me......I like the long white socks with the colored strips around the tops. They go great with my mullet while I'm shooting my 92FS......(there we go. Back on the subject)
RGR Class 11-96
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I was issued a .45 cal Glock at my last LE assignment. When they handed it to me I laughed. It looked and felt like a toy Flash Gordon space gun, made out of a 2x4. But, after burning up several boxes of ammo and breaking it down for cleaning, I was pretty impressed: I never had a jam, it was smooth, it was accurate, and a blind toad could break it down and put it back together again. I had an added bonus, in that my supervisor had attended a Glock firearms instructor course and was very 'fluent' in their use. *Note- we both found that when qualifying in inclement Washington weather, we shot better when wearing a light weight poly-pro sock under a heavy wool sock.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Weapons of War”