Carb and Protein before and after workouts.

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
EyesWideOpen
Tadpole

Post by EyesWideOpen »

Flesh Thorn wrote:
poopscoop wrote: I'm fairly lean and would like to throw some pounds on before I leave, advice?
Look into Branched Chain Amino Acids.
Eat good stuff and work out heavy!!! :) More weight, lower reps, and follow with protein shakes after work outs. I have found that guys that take the amino acids have expensive piss and smell like a GNC store. I like guys that smell good. Amino acids seem to sweat out through your system. Just some advice from a chick that has been around sweaty guys working out. Hoooha! !! 8)
EyesWideOpen

Mantra: Never walk into the Dark with your eyes shut...always walk into any and all situations with your Eyes Wide Open!!! Or get f_cked!

"Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it."
Benajmin Franklin
EyesWideOpen
Tadpole

Post by EyesWideOpen »

the instigator wrote:Being not too knowledgeable on this subject but possessing a desire to bulk up also, what specific kind of carbs would be best in addition to the added protein?
I am BAAACK!!!

Here are my recommendations:

100% Whole Wheat products. Not Enriched wheat...that is the stuff that fakes you out.

Brown Rice, not white rice, same with potatoes...sweet potatoes are a great alternative and easy to eat.

Many fruits have complex carbs, but watch the sugar levels. Honey is a great suppliment for white sugar. I use it in protein shakes to take the protein powder taste out of it and sweet up the strawberries and banannas that can taste sour.

I am working on lowering my body weight again by another 30 pounds. Stress is my biggest thing right now. More sleep and more Zen would make me a skinnier chick! Ha ha ha!
EyesWideOpen

Mantra: Never walk into the Dark with your eyes shut...always walk into any and all situations with your Eyes Wide Open!!! Or get f_cked!

"Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it."
Benajmin Franklin

Return to “About Army Physical Training”