how do they go about skill selection in 11 series OSUT?

Basic & AIT
ChemLightBattery
Tadpole

how do they go about skill selection in 11 series OSUT?

Post by ChemLightBattery »

is it a random thing, or can i request a certain skill (11C) will i get it? can anybody shed some light on this for me?
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

Hmm, I thought a couple years back they got rid of 11C,M,H, and B and just made it 11 series. I could be wrong. If thats still around I'm pretty you could request it. Dont quote me on it though.

Anyways, when I went in most guys were 11x. Those without airborne and/or RIP were randomly selected for C,M,H and B.
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Who wants to be a mortarman

Post by Steadfast »

FIREFIGHTER wrote:CLB,

when I was in they made you take a eye hand coordination test and depending on your score it was then determined what you would be, I did well and they wanted to send me to training to be a 11H, TOW gunner. I raised heck and begged to stay a plain 11B automatic rifleman, I was platoon guidon bearer, the drill sergeants liked me, got lucky and got my wish, however in hindsight the first time I jumped with my unit put on my rucksack, carrying my M203 for a 14 click march and watched the TOW gunners driving by in their jeeps I have to admit that I thought hmmm..but being a rifleman is where its at, just my opinion.
This link provides you with a view of all MOS's accepted for the 75th Ranger's: http://www.armyranger.com/mod.php?mod=u ... page_id=13

How it applies to you being prior service , I can not answer you.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
ChemLightBattery
Tadpole

high angle hell..

Post by ChemLightBattery »

ive always wanted to be a mortorman.. 2/3rd's of all casulities produced in WW2 were caused by indirect fire :twisted:. humping the baseplate doesnt sound too fun though. are there any 11c's lurking around here?

Return to “About OSUT”