MP who doesn't enjoy the army Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

pacman81
Embryo

MP who doesn't enjoy the army Introduction

Post by pacman81 »

I'm an MP, who doesnt like the army. I joined this site because someone from an online videogame i play was wanting to join the military, and I thought my personal expierences might be useful knowledge. I tried to keep it professional, but he posted it here and then people i dont know started instant messaging me and harrassing me, awesome. One of them gave me this link http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0 as a reason for harrassment. I was told that I have to Post here before i Post again, so i did. Please Dont message me about my views on the military. thanks.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome to the site. I didn't read your whole message exchange yet. Good luck making the most of the rest of your service. I don't know if you are a whiner, a slug, or an outstanding soldier in the service as I obviously did not serve with you. But it is what it is and you are what you are (whatever that is).

As in most things in life, the results you get are usually directly attributable to your outlook and your efforts.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Thank you for making a introduction here as is customary of all those that post here and may I add Welcome. This site has a lot to offer to those that take an interest in us. I am not here to preach or instruct. And I certainly do not approve of the way CLB spoke.

I see at the bottom of your 4th post that you wish to iron out your differences. Seems plausible to me. This site might be a good spot for you to do just that. CLB will remain silent here. If he comes at you side ways here, I will vote to ban him.

What video site did you meet Double Edged Blade? What game were you playing if I may ask? I have had this same thing happen to me while I flew in Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulation for several years. I had a lot of fun flying there. I ran into many foul mouth individuals that enjoyed puting many individuals down to elevate themselves. And especailly kids that didn't enjoy my views or my service. Please enlightening me just a teetee bit of your video site. Was it FB, or one of the Recon games by James Clancy?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

If you don't like it leave

::EDITED TO INCLUDE::
I am specifically speaking about the Army. Don't spread your bad attitude to young men who apsire to great things.
Last edited by Silverback on June 2nd, 2004, 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Antrim
US Army Veteran

Post by Antrim »

Welcome, and thank you for your service. I respect the fact that you don't like the service. Not everyone does. Some people might call you a pogue, remf, or whatnot, but if you're being a man and doing the time you hitched for, I can respect that.

If you don't like the service, a better way to help others with your opinion is to tell your whole story. Why exactly don't you like it? What were your aspirations when you joined? Were you mislead by your recruiter? Simply telling someone how bad you think it sucks isn't really helping anyone. However, revealing your story may help others avoid the pitfalls that led you to where you are now.

I'm just trying to make a positive out of this. I know not everyone likes the servcie, and I can sympathize with that to a degree. If you really want to help others possibly not end up in the frame of mind that you are in, or the position you are in, sit down and tell your story. In the end, I think you'll feel better about it, and perhaps others can help you realize that things aren't as bad as they seem or as you think. Maybe not, but regardess of how shitty things may seem, just remember that they can always be worse.

Again, thank you for your time and service. I really hope you can share your story, and I equally hope that others will listen and learn from it.
D co 4/12 INF - 1st AD ('90-'92)
A co 1/9 CAV - 1st CD ('92-'94)

Post by eltrane »

Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties.

Aesop (620 BC - 560 BC)
RIP SSG Greg Gourley KIA Hawija 22 Feb 06

11b pig gunner 2/2 inf 84-86, TL 2/87 inf, 5/8 inf, 86-88
Antrim
US Army Veteran

Post by Antrim »

eltrane wrote:Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties.

Aesop (620 BC - 560 BC)
True, but also in the same breath, learn from that man's mistakes. I've learned a lot in life by reading about and listening to the mistakes that others have made. Very good lessons to be learned in information of this nature.
D co 4/12 INF - 1st AD ('90-'92)
A co 1/9 CAV - 1st CD ('92-'94)

Post by AngryPistols »

Welcome from another MP(ex, that is).

As Ranger Disinfertention and Antrim mentioned, there is a certain amount of suck associated with any job in the military.

I spent the first year of my Military Police career walking around a 3 star General's house that was out in the middle of a (OPSEC) city in downtown, Germany. 2 guards with 30minutes roving and 30 minutes in the guard shack each. Eight hour shifts unless there was an alert, then it was 12. Open the gate, when he, his wife, or his kids got home or wanted to leave. Rain, Sleet, Snow, whatever, I was there, any shift.

After that year was up my PSG moved me to 'Uniformed Protection', where I spent another year standing as an armed guard at the General's office door. :x For the next year, the General came to know me by name and put in a good word with my BN and Company commander, who then offered me several schools such as Close Protection, Counter Terrorism Evasive Driving and several others, I then went on to work as his driver and bodyguard.

Can you picture it, a SPC wearing civilian clothes & creds, carrying a 45 and MP5 and driving a half million dollar armored Mercedes car? I traveled all over Germany and got a taste of life that I wouldn't have otherwise seen.

My final year in Germany, I decided that I was getting 'burned out' and I wanted to go back to my 'line' MP unit and asked the CG if he would release me and he said yes. I spent almost the whole next year split between working the road(LE) and in the field training.

I started out hating my job and thought that I joined to patrol and learn LE, not some security guard schit. The whole time I kept thinking at least I wasn't a Tower Rat(sorry MadRat), and that has it's own special flavoring of suck...

Funny thing is that my buddy(Mark) that took over after I left, and did a great job, and when he was leaving, the CG asked if there was anything that he could do for him. Mark mentioned that he always wanted to learn to fly a helicopter. The CG arranged it so that Mark went on to retrain to fly helicopters AND got stationed(his choice) down in Panama.

So, moral of the story, make the most of the 'suck' and do the best job you can. You never know who might be watching you.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

I wish you well.

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Bell

Post by Bell »

There is a time limit on your enlistment. Be good at what you do.

The opportunities are limitless. The retirement is exceptional.

If ya don't like it you can always get into LE when your enlistment is up. And even though you hate it now, you will list your Military LE experience on your resume. Stop feeling bad about it. Grab it and use it to your advantage. Don't be a mouse, be a man.

RLTW
Bell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

PacMan-

Welcome to the site.

Ever hear the saying, "You can only go as fast as your slowest team member?" Well, to a certain extent, that's how the Army has to work. That's why the lesson plans that the Range Cadre, the BlackHats, and the Drill Sgts have to teach are so monotonous. They have to teach that stuff in a way that every monkey in the Army can understand.

Administratively, the military has to be run in a similar way. They have to look at the whole picture, figuring in what is best for ALL the troops in ALL the units, ALL MOS's, in ALL locations. Their decisions aren't always ideal for everyone in every situation. In fact, even in the Ranger Bats, there were procedures that sucked....some of them were even tactical procedures.

But, it is what it is. I chose to enter the Army as part of the elite fighting force, for that very reason. I can assure you that the SpecOps units, as a whole, are not as SNAFU as the rest of the Army. They still have occasional problems, but the individuals there improvise and get past the problems, maintaining focus on the objective (case in point: the Black Beret).

Aside from the leadership faults that you felt inclined to point out, the US still has (by far) the most powerful military force on the planet. Before you chastise our military, I would urge you to compare it with the rest of the world first.

Thank you for your service and sacrifices. I hope that you can turn your tour around and get something positive out of it. Good luck.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

EarthPig wrote:PacMan-

Welcome to the site.

Ever hear the saying, "You can only go as fast as your slowest team member?" Well, to a certain extent, that's how the Army has to work. That's why the lesson plans that the Range Cadre, the BlackHats, and the Drill Sgts have to teach are so monotonous. They have to teach that stuff in a way that every monkey in the Army can understand.

Administratively, the military has to be run in a similar way. They have to look at the whole picture, figuring in what is best for ALL the troops in ALL the units, ALL MOS's, in ALL locations. Their decisions aren't always ideal for everyone in every situation. In fact, even in the Ranger Bats, there were procedures that sucked....some of them were even tactical procedures.

But, it is what it is. I chose to enter the Army as part of the elite fighting force, for that very reason. I can assure you that the SpecOps units, as a whole, are not as SNAFU as the rest of the Army. They still have occasional problems, but the individuals there improvise and get past the problems, maintaining focus on the objective (case in point: the Black Beret).

Aside from the leadership faults that you felt inclined to point out, the US still has (by far) the most powerful military force on the planet. Before you chastise our military, I would urge you to compare it with the rest of the world first.

Thank you for your service and sacrifices. I hope that you can turn your tour around and get something positive out of it. Good luck.

RLTW
EP
As usual, great words by EP...I second them.

Welcome to the site.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

After I exited the 75th I hated the Army. I joined the Rangers not the fucking leg Army, but there I was. It took a while to get a new positive attitude. I almost re-enlisted and even after I ETS'd I almost went back in. Give it a while pacman and try not to spread the bitterness. Everything sucks at some point and the Army isn't any difference.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
pacman81
Embryo

Post by pacman81 »

Wow, I havnt seen so much enthusiasm for the military since basic. Um, thanks for all the great advice. I guess i'll try to make the best out of it.
Steadfast wrote: What video site did you meet Double Edged Blade?
It was firearms, it's a half-life mod. http://www.firearmsmod.com Its a cool game.
AngryPistols wrote: If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Will do thanks!

Bell wrote:And even though you hate it now, you will list your Military LE experience on your resume. Stop feeling bad about it. Grab it and use it to your advantage.
Your'e right, I wana try to be in the DEA, ATF, or Us marshal, or if all else fails a regular cop. And i guess 6 years as an MP would be great on a resume huh?
yea thats right, 6 years.. thats how hooah i thought i was. . .
EarthPig wrote: Aside from the leadership faults that you felt inclined to point out, the US still has (by far) the most powerful military force on the planet. Before you chastise our military, I would urge you to compare it with the rest of the world first.

Yea, epecially being over in Iraq, I really do appreciate my situation.

As for my whole story, I'm going to have to save that one for later, I gotta go back to work now, YES!!

Return to “Introduction Archive”