Rick Sutcliffe has cancer

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
PocketKings
Ranger

Rick Sutcliffe has cancer

Post by PocketKings »

From CNN/SI
NEW YORK (AP) -- Former Cy Young Award winner Rick Sutcliffe has colon cancer and will undergo chemotherapy and surgery.

Sutcliffe, a baseball analyst for ESPN, was diagnosed with a treatable form of cancer after taking a routine test during a physical, the network said Thursday. He said he hopes to return to the network later this year...

the rest...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/b ... index.html

Rick's little brother, Bobby, was a Force Recon Marine and was in my squad all the way through Ranger School. Several of Bobby's teammates were killed in a Sea Knight crash off San Diego on 9 December 1999, less than a week before graduation. Had he not been in RS, he would have been on that bird as well. He sucked it up, drove on, and graduated with the class, then high tailed to CA for the memorial. To this day he is the image I have of a FR Marine. Bobby now coaches little league baseball (he was a AAA pitcher himself). I hope his bro has a quick recovery.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Not to highjack my own post, but here's a synopsis of the crash, with video. Unbelievable.

http://www.check-six.com/Crash_Sites/Se ... C-1999.htm
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03

Return to “The News Dump”