Recycle a phase at Ranger School

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Re: Recycle a phase at Ranger School

Post by RRDTm3 »

wazzle wrote:Without divulging too much information, I would like to know under what circumstances is a person allowed to recycle a phase immediately? What constitutes a reason to kick one completely and make them wait for 6 months to try again. The first two phases are complete and this happened before leaving for Swamp.
Recycle can occur for failing spot reports, patrols, peers, or a combo of both. Based off of what the board recommends it could be that phase recycle or a day 1 or Darby insert. A don't comeback for 6 months was prolly a SOR (doing something really bad) chow theif, lost Ranger, lying, Copenhagen offense.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

[quote="RRDTm3]
Copenhagen offense.[/quote]

OK Mike, I give...what is a Copenhagen offense?
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Not having any?
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
ma91c1an
Triple Canopy

Post by ma91c1an »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
Oto-Man wrote:
Its not allowed anymore. Tobacco I mean.
Thank GRITS that I went when it was "easy."

:)
-------
Classes 12, 13, and 14-81.
Company A, 2d Battalion (Ranger), 1st Platoon, "Bad 'Muthers," 1980-1984;
SFQC 4-84.
Company B, 2d Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), ODA 151, 1984-1986.
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

ma91c1an wrote:
Tenn-RGR wrote:
Oto-Man wrote:
Thank GRITS that I went when it was "easy."

:)
I'm getting frustrated with the Puritan turn our Army is taking.

EDITED TO ADD: Thank GRITS Cope is still authorized during the Qcourse.

[/hijack]
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
Oto-Man wrote:
OMFG!!! How do you go through Ranger School without Dip? One of my fondest memories were me and my Ranger Buddy, after crossing a marsh, him opening up his cargo pocket and saying "shit". His RedMan Chew was saturated with swamp water...we both looked at each other and smiled...and both took a big 4 finger grab and said "WTF...who cares....it's Ranger School..." One of the many times I had to just laughed out loud during the Suck, to maintain some sanity.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

I think I've said it before, but I feel responsible for the whole 'no dip' thing. I was the last class with dip (01-00). After graduation they sent me to the Sniper Employment Officer's Course at the Sniper school. We ate (once) at the chow hall in Darby. We stopped when we saw our buddies still in RS and didn't want to discourage them.

Anyway, then COL Helmick waltzes in and sits down with us and asks us to review his new Ranger Handbook for typos, then asks us if we all dipped. We did. He asked if we started in Ranger School, we said we did. He told us he was thinking of getting rid of all tobacco products and asked if we thought it was a good idea. We said, 'Of Course!' We had our shit, so why not make it harder for others?

Buddy is only half the word, I guess. Had I known he would actually DO it, I would've lied to him.

And now you know, the rest of the story.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

PocketKings wrote:I think I've said it before, but I feel responsible for the whole 'no dip' thing. I was the last class with dip (01-00). After graduation they sent me to the Sniper Employment Officer's Course at the Sniper school. We ate (once) at the chow hall in Darby. We stopped when we saw our buddies still in RS and didn't want to discourage them.

Anyway, then COL Helmick waltzes in and sits down with us and asks us to review his new Ranger Handbook for typos, then asks us if we all dipped. We did. He asked if we started in Ranger School, we said we did. He told us he was thinking of getting rid of all tobacco products and asked if we thought it was a good idea. We said, 'Of Course!' We had our shit, so why not make it harder for others?

Buddy is only half the word, I guess. Had I known he would actually DO it, I would've lied to him.

I do not want too diminish your place in Ranger history but...The removal of tobacco products from Ranger was decided way above COL (Now BG) Helmick. The change was made for TRADOC and Ranger school being a part of TRADOC just got caught in the Big Army mix.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

PocketKings wrote:I think I've said it before, but I feel responsible for the whole 'no dip' thing. I was the last class with dip (01-00). After graduation they sent me to the Sniper Employment Officer's Course at the Sniper school. We ate (once) at the chow hall in Darby. We stopped when we saw our buddies still in RS and didn't want to discourage them.

Someone has a lofty view of themselves, you actually think your word could have made this happen? thats funny dude 8)

How many mirrors do you have in your house?
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Seriously, you don't really think that I think that a cherry 2LT would influence Army policy? Come on.

Just like I say I 'edited' the Ranger Handbook...what I had to do was make sure that the refence areas actually correlated with the pages they said.

The story is a joke, fellas.

And my house is full of mirrors because I have a wife and daughter.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

PocketKings wrote:Seriously, you don't really think that I think that a cherry 2LT would influence Army policy? Come on.

Just like I say I 'edited' the Ranger Handbook...what I had to do was make sure that the refence areas actually correlated with the pages they said.

The story is a joke, fellas.

And my house is full of mirrors because I have a wife and daughter.
I knew it was a joking reference! I just wanted to reveal the truth.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”