I'm out of gas

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

The Beav
Ranger

I'm out of gas

Post by The Beav »

Man I am so tired of fighting with the National Guard and the Army. Ever since 13 July 2005 I have been fighting like hell to get the Army and Guard to get my medical paperwork corrected.

The Army per (CA-CBHCO) refused to give me a REFRAD physical and released me as fit for duty with no physical disabilities on 13 July 2005.

I sent my military medical paperwork to Social Security and to the VA. Social Security came back and said under there guidelines I became Disabled on 13 July 2005. Thats the same day the Army released me as Fit for duty with no disabilities.

The VA came back and rated me at 70%. Since I was already awarded SSI payments. My VA rep told to apply for Unemployability through the VA. I did it and the VA came back with a new rating of 100%.

All the while I was working with my guard unit. I told my unit that I was broke and could not do my MOS. My unit told no problem but I needed to get a "Disability certificate" from my tri-care doc. The Doc filled out the papers that were needed and I sent them to my Unit still in 2005. All was good and I was told not to worry about drilling, since the guard was trying to get me back on title 10. To get this shit strait.
But instead of the guard sending a complete packet to Human Resources Command in Virginia for MRP2 consideration. The guard sent my MRP packet to the CBHCO (there coworkers before 911) so they could try to figure out how to keep me off of Active Duty. For fear of the Army finding out that the CBHCO was releasing broken soldiers as fit for duty.

Now 19 Feb 2008 I get a certified letter from my unit saying that I am AWOL and they are going to bring charges against me and discharge me with "Other then Honorable discharge" unless I give them medical documentation stating that I can't drill?

I sent the the same "disability certificate" that they told me to get filled out in 2005. I also asked them why are they coming at me with AWOL now in 2008 and NEVER said anything about me NOT drilling in 2005--2006-2007??

My best guess is the Army doesn't want to give me a rating of 30% which is all I am asking for. So just because a few assholes don't want admit that I got screwed again. They would rather lose my paperwork and fuck my paperwork up so it looks like I am some kind of AWOL slug.

There is SO much more to this, from everything to calling FT. Lewis prier to me getting there for medical appointments and telling them that I was lieing about everything. to tricking me to go down to Travis AFB for " physical". only to find out that they had set up a 72hr hold in the round room. The State Surgeon Laura Merjil threw my medical records in the trash can right in front of me and my step father. I even got to a chance to show BOTH the State CSM's (one State CSM was retiring and had me come in with my step-father and mother as witness) to tell my story and show the paperwork to back it up. It took me two hours to ex plane what was going on. When I finished both CSM's told me and my witnesses that I got screwed and they would take of it. Well that was in 2006. I was even told that even though I had all the paperwork for incap pay. SGM Tim Smith would not give it me. Oh yea, when the guard picked me up from the round room two days later, not the 72hr they wanted. The guard told me that they could give me a bunch of money if I filled out some form. (they tried to buy me off with hush money) I told them that it seemed wrong and I wasn't going to fill it out. They told "then just fill it out and give the money to them"

I got out of the round room and went strait to Congresswoman Doris O. Matsui's office and asked for protection from further harassment and deformation of my character.

Now again I sit here hating fucking life and the guard is threat-ting to fry my ass because they are so fucking pissed at me for calling them on there shady shit. That they are again taking my medical paperwork out of med file to make me look like a slug.

I have SO much shit on these people its not funny. I have shit like a State CSM's copy of an email. Saying that the CBHCO screwed not just me but many of his Soldiers. I have a Congressional response from 5th Army stating that the reason I was refused a REFRAD was because there was no time between my REFRAD counseling and my release date. Even though the CBHCO revoked my orders 2 months early. I got released from AD with a T4 profile and my Neuro doctor said that I was no were close to be given a health assessment. I had already ripped my back muscle doing physical therapy and he couldn't give me a assessment since I was still healing from the back fusion and was not healing well.

My knee got fucked up also in Iraq I have the LOD. The Army first said that I just need physical therapy in 2006. Now the Army is saying that I need a knee replacement in 2007-8 WTF?

The fucked thing is I had two chances to get out. First was in Iraq, I was getting pretty sore between my back and knee. I finally went to the TMC to get some candy. They took an x-ray of my back and told me to pack my bags because I was going to Germany. I begged to stay and finish my year. (4 months left) I became a REMF in camp but did manage to get an ARCOM for giving 50cal classes to the base. (98% first time Go for my Soldiers) We were about to go home when shit really starting getting hot. I ran back to the TMC and begged again to get a green light for conveys. We were getting hit 4-5 times a day and I was going nuts not being with my Soldiers. They let me go and we soon came home.

Got to Ft. Lewis and again was told my back was gone and a Med-board was started. I freak-ed out and asked for a second opinion from Neuro. Neuro said I could stay in and do another tour but I had to get a double back fusion. The Army sent me down to the CBHCO for my back fusion. They only did a single fusion and fucked it up. The CBHCO didn't even acknowledge my knee and later said they had no idea I had an knee issue, even though the Commander and 1SG of the CBHCO read, signed, and dated a Sworn statement I had to re write which on the very first sentence of the sworn statement I talked about both my knee and back hurting?

I left Batt. in a crappy way 1987. I didn't get my GI bill and fucked up for about 8 -10yrs. Finally got it together got jumped into the Plumbers Union as a Journeymen with out ever going to school for it. 911 happened, I was only 39 yrs old and walked away from the Union to go to War. Now its 2008 and I'm getting fucked again--- what the fuck did I do to the Army that makes them hate my so much? The Army would rather fuck up my VA and SSI beniftes rather then admit they fucked up and rate me at 30%!!?? the only reasone i want 30% is my kids will have tri-care. i wont get any money of any kind. there is something about free military flights, but that is not what i want. Hell i'll sign a paper telling the Army. ALL I asking for is Tri-care for my kids. hell i dont know if that even matters since they are both over 18 now. I have enough issues from other stuff from Iraq. i don't need this shit.
(The Beav) 84-87
Born n Raised 1/75th Bco, 1st Plt, 1st Sqd, A&B
Class 13-85 "Dont get no better"
1498th Combat HET---Iraq 03-04
johnjohnson1957
Ranger

Post by johnjohnson1957 »

FYI: TRICARE webpage: http://www.tricare.mil/

Regarding eligibility for children: Children lose TRICARE eligibility at age 21 TRICARE covers eligible children until age 21. For TRICARE coverage beyond the age of 21, your college student must be enrolled full-time at an accredited institution of higher education and the sponsor must provide more than 50 percent of the student’s financial support. TRICARE benefits end when your college student reaches age 23 or graduates, whichever comes first.. Some dependent children who are 100 percent disabled may be eligible for lifetime TRICARE eligibility.

SOURCE: http://www.tricare.mil/faqs/question.as ... ick=ibGo.X
Army AD medic: FAMC, 2/5 FA, 97 Gen Hosp, AFRC Berchtesgaden, 28 CSH; 1975-1980
Army Guard/Reserve: 1/410 Inf, 209 Med Clr Co, 12th SF: 1982-1988
USAF AD: 1988-2003; Retired
RS 10-81

Return to “Post Service Issues”