Hello All

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

steelsixzero
Ranger

Hello All

Post by steelsixzero »

Hello Ranger Buddies!

I joined this site not too long ago and thought I would introduce myself. I served in 2/75 WPNS PLT from 94-98 (actually from 96-98 I was at HHC in the new mortar platoon). Anybody know if the mortars are still at HHC. It was a test type thing when I left.

Funny story:

.......So I'm at a Padre game with my wife, I'm wearing my black PT sweatshirt (has a 2/75 scroll on it for those of you not in the know). We stop off at a porta shitter so I can download a few beers before going into the game. As I'm wizzin, I hear a fella outside hittin on my wife, inviting her to his tailgate party and so on. I put away the goods and step outta the pisser alittle upset. The guy looks at me and says "Your a ranger?" I look down at the scroll on my chest and look back at him like...are you a detective??? He quickly follows up with..."My dad is Mark Bowden, the author of Blackhawk Down"...(like I didn't know who Mark Bowden was). He handed me his business card and told me to call him if I wanted to get my copy of the book signed by his dad. I missplaced his card and I can't recall his name, but he was very polite (when he realized he was talkin to a married woman) and invited us to join his tailgate party. BTW....the Padres lost that game........imagine that :D
2/75 C Co. Wpns Plt 94-98
RGR Class 11-96
Carboned114
Tadpole

Re: Hello All

Post by Carboned114 »

steelsixzero wrote:Funny story:

I'm wizzin :D

I hear a fella outside hittin on my wife, inviting her to his tailgate party and so on. :evil:

The guy looks at me and says "Your a ranger?" :shock:

"My dad is Mark Bowden" :o

but he was very polite (when he realized he was talkin to a married woman) :lol:
That was a funny story 8)
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Steel60-
Is your wife free around 7:00 this evening (I already have a copy of BHD)? :wink: Welcome to the Board...it's always great to see another Hooah from 2nd Bat on here. I was an 'Alphabot' back in the late 80's. Again, good to see you here.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Master J

Post by Master J »

Welcome steele60

Return to “Introduction Archive”