Question

Basic & AIT
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Question

Post by PaleHorseRider »

are we gonna have any time at all during the day in OSUT to do some weight lifting, or is the PT all we have? just curious.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

StaleHorseBiter :lol: -

Since I'd really rather finish enjoying this glass of red wine, instead of re-typing something that I've typed before, please refer to: DEP COMMO ZONE....scroll down to about the 26th topic, entitled "RIP Questions," by Mangino2424....read my post from 7:35pm on Mar. 13, 2003. I don't know if the older WWII barracks have weight rooms in the barracks.....the newer ones did (back in '88 ). Hope that helps. If you need additional info, let us know.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

yeah that answered what i wanted to know...hmmm...alcohol... im gonna go grab a yuengling, thanks Ranger EP.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

PHR-
Continue to work out, though...don't just wait for OSUT. One reason (I think) that the Drills let me run with them was because I was a good runner when I got there. I dug up some of my old OSUT paperwork today....on my Phase III APFT Test in OSUT I ran the 2 mile in 11:45....not bad for a 30 yr. old (I smoked our super-cocky 'tabbed' Lt.!).
RLTW
EP
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

decent, i have been working out, altho not as much cardio as i would have liked, but it is a bit of a moot point now, seeing as i ship in 8 days. i will DEF be workin my ass off in OSUT tho, you can be sure of that.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Strider-

I don't see anything wrong with your workout, so long as your runs are good. You don't want to get so bulked up that you lose your flexibility, either. The main thing, in my opinion, is to do some type of PT (which you are doing). OSUT (again, my opinion) isn't going to whip you into shape, so you can go from butterball to Superman.

It's all about being prepared for RIP and Battalion...that's where you have got to be in top shape. Basic, AIT, and Jump School PT are all a joke. You just don't want to get to RIP and realize that you don't have what it takes.

Keep doing what you're doing, if you're comfortable with it....when the time comes, it's 90% mental anyway.

RLTW
EP
Freed Y
Tadpole

Post by Freed Y »

Does anyone in here know any weight lifting exercises that help with pushups?, if there is any.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Nada - pushups is a repetition exercise using a good portion of your body weight. Maybe bench press 75% of your body weight like 100 reps straight couldn't hurt. But why screw around doing that, when you could just do more pushups?
Freed Y
Tadpole

Post by Freed Y »

Yeah thats what I thought, thanks for answering my question.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Freed Y wrote:Does anyone in here know any weight lifting exercises that help with pushups?, if there is any.
I thought that was why the Ranger God gave us Rangerettes........
RLTW
EP

Return to “About OSUT”