Familiar Names retiring from the Ranger Regiment

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Familiar Names retiring from the Ranger Regiment

Post by centermass »

MEDIA ADVISORY: Two retiring from the 75th Ranger Regiment

FORT BENNING, Ga. (UNS-News Service, Jan. 15, 2007) —After 29 years of combined service to the 75th Ranger Regiment, retired Colonel Ralph Puckett, Honorary Colonel of the Regiment and retired Sergeant Major Warren E. Evans Honorary Command Sergeant Major of the Regiment are retiring again from service to their country.

A change of responsibility will be held at 3:30 p.m. Jan. 16 (WEDNESDAY) at the Ranger Memorial here.

Colonel Puckett assumed responsibility January 1996 and Sergeant Major Evans June 1992 have consistently contributed their knowledge and expertise to the men of the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Story
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Great Men here. I wonder what they'll do now. Is anyone going to this that can take some pics?
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Congratulations to Gen. William F. Kernan and CSM Gary R. Carpenter as they assume the duties of their new positions.

Anyone know how these men are selected & by whom?
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Col Puckett was guest speaker at my RS graduation.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Damn fine men. I hope they enjoy their real retirement.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I would like to personally meet these two one day, perhaps at the next RR '09. I'd be willing to bet they can't stay away and continue to aid the Regiment in their civilan capacity.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Honorary Command Sergeant Major is retired Command Sgt. Maj. Gary R. Carpenter.

I served with CSM Carpenter and would do so again in a heart beat. Best damn CSM I ever met or had the pleasure to have served with. He was Gen. Wayne A. Downings CSM when Regiment was 1st Reactivated 8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
RetPara
Ranger

Post by RetPara »

I'll second Bugsy on that. CSM Carpenter is DAMN fine people...
RS2 84-86

Intelligence in a person can be measured.... Stupidity is a bottomless pit which is beyond measure....
The Old Guy
Ranger

Post by The Old Guy »

Bugsy wrote:Honorary Command Sergeant Major is retired Command Sgt. Maj. Gary R. Carpenter.

I served with CSM Carpenter and would do so again in a heart beat. Best damn CSM I ever met or had the pleasure to have served with. He was Gen. Wayne A. Downings CSM when Regiment was 1st Reactivated 8)
x2
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity – even under the most difficult circumstances – to add a deeper meaning to his life.

Viktor E. Frankl
RGR Mac
Ranger

Post by RGR Mac »

I was CSM Carpenters static line safety going into Point Salinas, we were bird #3, but became #1. After making it to the front of the stick I watched him go out for his door check. One of his 18" attachment straps broke, and he was nearly pulled out the door. I helped him get back in, he pulled the other attachment, dropped his ruck to the floor, and had me stand by the door. I heard after the stick went out he picked up his ruck and went out w/ his ruck in his arms. :twisted:
If I see him again Id' like to ask if that's what he really did, or did he hit the quick release on his lowering line and go "Combat Hollywood"!
Co B/1-75 RGR(81-85)
Army Guard 96-to the present day
E-8/MSG.
Ranger Class 12-82
"You can have one for free if it will shut the hole under your nose"

Return to “The News Dump”